Chapter 13 - If It's Not Better, Then It's Not The End

Chapter 13

The boys went on stage and that meant that Emily and I had to do our job.

She went to the front of the stage to take pictures and I stayed backstage. I tried to my best to focus on taking photos but my mind kept going back to my mother, then to my father, then to Zayn. I was feeling terrible about how I treated him but I was so upset about my father. And I wasn't ready for Zayn to know about him.

I took a deep breath and put the finder on the camera up to my eye and just snapped away. I captured all the moments I could.

The boys laughing.

The boys singing their solos.

The boys pointing to the crowd.

It made me feel a little better to just focus on taking pictures.

The boys ended their song "One Thing" and began making jokes and talking to the crowd. I decided to go to the front of the stage by Emily. I ran up next to her and she smiled at me as she nudged me playfully. I smiled back at her.

Then Zayn suddenly said, "Alright guys we're going to play the next song. But before we do I want to dedicate this song to a special someone. I hope she knows who she is. She's going through a rough time right now and I just want her to know that I'm always there for you no matter what. Everything will be better in the end and if it's not better, then it's not the end. This one's for you. It's called Moments." And with that the song started.

My lip was quivering. I was trying not to cry. Emily was completely confused. She looked me and I looked at her.

"He knows." I whispered through the screams of the crowds.

She managed to hear and she gasped. She pulled me into a hug.

I let go after a while and wiped away the tears that escaped my eyes.

"I'm going to go backstage," I told Emily.

She nodded and I walked backstage with the help of a security guard. I went back to taking photos. Although, every time I went to shoot Zayn I thought of how he knew and how he just dedicated a song to me. It all felt like too much.

I didn't know traveling with One Direction would be this hard.

****

I was lying on my bed in the hotel room listening to music and looking through Twitter. Emily was in Harry and Louis's room, except Louis went to hang out with Niall and Liam in Liam's room, so it was just her and Harry.

I was still overwhelmed with everything that happened tonight.

The concert ended around 10 and the boys stayed a little bit longer to meet up with a few lucky fans. When we finally made it back to the hotel it was already11:30.

I began looking at all the photos Emily and I had taken that night. I heard a knock on the door. I planned on ignoring it but whoever was behind the door kept knocking. I got up and went to answer it. When I opened the door there was Zayn holding a bag of Hershey kisses and the movie Mean Girls.

I wanted to smile but all I thought was he knew, he knew.

"I don't mean to sound rude but what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Don't you remember? You and I were supposed to hang out after the show." He replied back.

I had completely forgotten. I'm surprised he'd remembered.

I ran my hand through my hair, "Zayn I-" I started but he interrupted me.

"Look, Stella I know you're upset about tonight but please can we just talk." He started at me with his big brown eyes just begging me. His eyes are the eyes you can never say no to.

I sighed, "Fine, come in." I opened the doorway and stepped aside. He walked inside and set the candy and the movie on the desk. I closed the door and walked up to him.

"I would really like to talk to you about..." He paused and scratched the back of his neck," about your father."

I signed and lay down on the bed.

"Do you want me to tell you the whole story?" I bit my lip and started at the ceiling. I felt the bed sink and looked to see Zayn lying beside me.

"If you don't mind, yes."

I sighed again and told him everything I told Harry, leaving out my feelings for him of course.

After I finished and let out a big breath, "Wow." He replied.

"I know I'm part of a screwed up family." I put my head in my hands.

Zayn sat up pulling me with him.

"Your family isn't screwed up. Your family is just going through a rough patch. I promise you it will get better."

I shrugged, "Thanks but I'm not so sure about that. I can't even think about seeing my father face to face. It's too terrifying." I shuddered at the thought of it.

"Well, you don't have to necessarily do it now. You could always wait a little longer." He suggested.

"I guess, but I don't know." I didn't say much because I didn't really want to talk about.

I guess Zayn got the message because he replied with, "Want some chocolate?" He gave me a little grin.

I looked up at him with light up eyes, "Yes, please."

He chuckled and went to grab the chocolate off the desk and came back handing me a few pieces.

"Thanks," I said as I popped one in my mouth.

I lay back down on the bed and he sat there with his back against the headboard.

There was a moment of silence between us as we ate our chocolate. I decided to break it.

"Thank you," I sat up and faced him.

"For what?" He wrinkled his eyebrows in confusion.

"For dedicating Moments to me tonight." I played with my fingers in my lap.

"I thought it might have made you feel better." He shrugged.

"I thought it didn't at the time but afterwards it did. So thank you." I gave him a weak smile.

He pulled me into a hug and I immediately inhaled the smell of his cologne. I closed my eyes enjoying this moment between us. When he let go he still left his left arm around me. I have him a confused look.

"Stella, there's been something on mind lately that just won't go away and I can't stop thinking about it."

"What is it Zayn?" I asked confused.

He bit his lip before replying, "You." He simply said.

I was about to reply but his lips crashing up against mine interrupted me. I didn't know what to do so I just kissed back.

He put both arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I was practically on his lap. Our lips moved perfectly together, like a perfect rhythm. His lips were soft and gentle, making me want more. I wrapped my arms around his neck never wanting to let go.

He was the one the pull away first and he rested his forehead on mine.

"Zayn," I breathed out because I was out of breath from the kiss.

"Stella," He replied back, he was out of breath too.

"Zayn, I..." I had no idea what to say.

"Be mine. Be my girlfriend, please." He stared into my eyes.

I should have told him it was wrong.

I should have told him this would never work.

I should have told him that we would get in trouble.

I should have told him no.

But instead I said,

"Yes."