Chapter 46 - Oh, How I Missed New York

Chapter 46

"Happy one year babe!" Zayn shouted to me as I lay in bed.

I smiled at his words and actually sat up awake, "Wow, one year. You've been mine for one year."

Zayn chuckled and gave me a gentle kiss, "But sadly, the boys and I are busy today."

I pouted my lips, upset by the news.

I lay back down in the bed and snuggled underneath the covers, "See you when you get back," I mumbled.

Zayn sighed and lay down next to me, "I'm sorry but I'm going to make it up to. We leave New York tomorrow. I'm going to make up it for you there," He promised.

"How? You're probably going to be busy again."

"We have a day off. Just trust me," His hazel eyes were begging me to say that I did.

"Okay, fine."

"Good. Now, I'll be gone for a few hours but I'll see you soon. I love you."

"Love you too," I pursed my lips out for a kiss and he obeyed.

We pulled away and he went rushing out the door. I hopped out of the bed and went to take a quick shower and get ready for my day. I decided to call Alex to see if he wanted to hang out. I tapped his name in my contacts and put my phone to my ear. He picked up in the second ring.

"Hey, Stella!" He answered cheerfully.

"Hey Lex! I was wondering if you wanted to do something. I've got nothing going on today."

"Uh, actually. I can't. I'm busy." He said nervously. I heard sirens in the background and an awful lot of honking.

"Oh, what are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"I'm, uh, helping my mum with her new TV." He said not to confidently. I heard more honking and people shouting.

"Alex, where are you?"

"My mum's! I gotta go bye!" He rushed the words out and hung up.

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. Where was he? And why was he lying to me? Something has to be up. I slipped on my TOMS and left Zayn's flat and got a cab to go to mine. When I opened the door, Emily was sitting there with Harry. I looked at him. I was terribly confused.

"What are you doing here? I thought you and the boys were busy?" I asked while closing the door.

"What?" He squinted his eyes in thought as he thought about his plans.

"Yeah, Zayn told me you guys were busy today."

"We aren't-Oh! Yes, we are busy! I can't believe I forgot!" His eyes widened in realization, "Shit," He muttered under his breath and quickly got up to move towards the door.

"How can you just forget? Don't have people making sure you guys are all there," Emily asked.

"Uh, yeah. I gotta go! Bye baby! Bye Stell!"

"Bye Harry!" We shouted in unison as he ran out the door.

I flopped onto the couch, "God, first Alex and now Harry? What is going on today?"

"What do you mean?" Emily questioned.

"I called Alex to see if he wanted to hang and he lied to me. He was clearly somewhere outside but he claimed he was at his mom's."

"Maybe he was heading towards there?" Emily shrugged.

"But I heard so many cars and people. London isn't rowdy like that. I have no idea where he was." I shook my head, "And then Harry, he can't just forget. He has to be on time always. It just makes no sense. And I want know what's going on!" I shouted like a child.