CHAPTER NINE

The aura of anger that radiated off of Asher sent a shiver down your spine, and you were sure Jack felt it too as he took in a short breath and approached Asher cautiously.

"Asher let me explain-"

"I don't want to fucking hear it." Asher seethed as he gave a deadly glare over to Jack. "I thought you said you were going to talk to her." He said as he glared over to you.

"We did talk." Jack replied calmly.

Asher snapped his eyes back to Jack and shook his head slowly, a small smile formed on his plumped lips. "Oh I heard much more than talking." He said with a dark chuckle. "And I see you had a great time talking to her." He added as he noticed how read Jack face was from you slapping him.

"Asher I've already made up my mind. I'm turning myself in." Jack said as he looked over to you. "I can't fight these demons in my head anymore. I'm afraid if I snap again...I'll never recover."

"So everything I did for you was for nothing then wasn't it?" He said as he closed his eyes and balled his tiny fists. "Why don't you tell her the actual truth." He added.

"Asher, that doesn't matter now. I made up my mind." Jack said as he pleaded with his friend.

"Fine, I'll tell her." He said as he looked over to you. "Jack was the one who sent me to get you. He also was the one who told me to get rid of Wyatt.

"You froze in horror and slowly looked over to Jack who had hung his head low in shame. "Is that true?" You asked him. Jack slowly nodded his head while he kept his eyes on the floor.

You felt disgusted and angry at him as you cringed and took a step away from him.

"Oh that's not all." Asher added with spite.

"Asher, don't." Jack warned as he threw a sharp glare over to Asher.

"The night that Jack killed that cop? I was there. I found the murder weapon and I threw it away. Go ahead, ask Jack." He insisted.

You looked over to Jack who had begun to shake furiously.

Asher saw that and decided to push more of his buttons. "Remember when we chopped off your hair? That was my idea. Jack scaring you? My idea. Jack hiding you in that basement? All on me." Asher said proudly.

"Asher...shut up.." Jack muttered.

You saw how badly Jack was shaking and you knew he was about to snap at any moment.

Asher saw it as well, which made him even more excited. "Oh and let's not forget, Jack meeting you at that house party was no coincidence. We planned it out from the beginning."

You covered your mouth in horror as you backed up into the wall.  You remembered Millie telling you she bumped into Jack at the party but what were the chances of Jack, who lived in Boston, be at a party in Chicago? You never thought about it until now.

"So...this was just...a game..." You uttered.

Asher smiled brightly with a giggle.   " Yeah, pretty much."

"Jack.." You whispered quietly as you looked at him. "Please...tell me this isn't true..."

Jack eyes remained down cast to the floor. "I'm sorry Y/n." He whispered as he felt disgusted with himself that his self-hatred and loathing boiled to it's breaking point.

Asher smiled happily at his accomplishment but little did he know, he had just awoken something inside of Jack.

Something sinister.