CHAPTER ONE

"Y/N! C'mon stop thinking about that loser and have a drink." your friend Millie coaxed as she hands you a beer and instantly you start chugging it down. "Whoa easy!" she holds your arm back.

You and Millie had been friends since early college years. Back then, she too had a bad break-up and you were there to support her through it. Now it was her turn to return the favor.

You had just gotten over a bad break up and you wanted to erase your cheating ex-boyfriend from your memory.

You had caught him sleeping with another woman.

"I don't want you falling on your ass by the time the party is over."

"I'm a grown-up! I can handle a beer." you replied with another swing. To be honest you had zero tolerance when it came to alcohol and with one sip you were already tipsy.

The both of you were seated in a far corner in a house party. It was packed with people dancing and drinking all around and the music was blaring  so much the you started to feel a headache breaking through.

"I'm going outside." you said to her and got up to leave.

With the beer in hand, you shimmied your way through the endless sea of sweaty people dancing on top of each other.

"Excuse me-sorry-coming through!" you said as you finally reached the patio outside.

Once the brisk cold air breached your skin, a instant wave of relief washed over you. "Finally...some peace and quiet" you said to yourself as you walked over to a chair near the patio and sat down.

This wasn't what you had in mind when you wanted to forget your ex-boyfriend. Part of you wanted to get shit-faced wasted but another part of you couldn't bring yourself to do so. "Three years down the fucking drain." you muttered to yourself as you took another swing of your beer.

"Y/N!" Millie's voice echoes across the patio.

You turned around to see Millie approaching you, and she wasn't alone. Next to her was a tall and very handsome guy with brown hair.

"Y/n I want you to meet someone." Millie said as she nudged the guy closer. "This is Jack Dylan Grazer, an old friend from high school. I somehow bumped into him just now and I wanted you to meet him." she winked.

You knew Millie was doing this to make you feel better and to also get your mind off your ex and And it was working.

"Hi, I'm Jack" he spoke as he extended his hand out to you, his smile alone made your heart twirl with excitement.

In fact everything about him seemed to excite you.

Tall, handsome, and a voice so deep and rich that every time he spoke, you felt it in your core. You were love struck at that moment as all thoughts of your ex went flying out the window.

"Y/n" you replied as you took his hand, not knowing that you had sealed your fate.

After that night at the party, you two began talking.

It first started with simple texts here and there which then lead to late night calls into the early hours of the morning.

You both were awkward at first, but the more you got to know Jack, the more you realized how much you both have in common; like video games, manga, music, movies and even food preferences.

You couldn't believe you had found the perfect guy.

Your first date was at the carnival during a festival. You guys rode on all the rides and ate so much junk food, both you and Jack almost had stomach aches.