CHAPTER EIGHT

You're dead to me.

Those words resonated in the back of Wyatt's mind all morning as he sat near the window and watched the cop outside talk to a few neighbors.

"Jack...why are you doing this..." He thought to himself as he looked down to his phone.

"Wyatt? Are you okay?" you asked as you emerged from his room and noticed he was tensed and tired. "Did you even sleep at all?"

Wyatt looked over to you as dark circles were clearly visible under his eyes. How could he sleep after hearing Jack's threatening words? "No, I'm not tired." He lied. "But how are you feeling?" He asked as he walked over to you.

You shrugged your shoulders with a sigh. "Fine."

Wyatt nodded as he stared at your face, tracing all your features with his eyes. You felt him staring and couldn't help but smile a little.

"Is there something on my face?" you asked teasingly.

"No, its that you're so beautiful." He said without thinking.

Your eyes widened as a blush tinted your cheeks as you turned away from him while your heart hammered in your chest.

Wyatt realized what he had said and mentally kicked himself. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." He uttered.

"I'm...not beautiful." You whispered as you ran your hands through your hair with resentment. "I'm ugly."

Wyatt shook his head as he placed his hand on your shoulder and gently turned you to look at him. "Y/n, you are beautiful to me. I've...always thought you were beautiful." He whispered as he caressed your cheek.

You closed your eyes at his touch. It was warm and soft and it gave you comfort.

"Y/n.." You heard him whispered.

As you opened your eyes, you let out a faint gasp as his lips were inches away from yours. You paused for a moment, lost in thought as Inch by inch, the gap between your lips grew shorter until finally both your lips were pressed against each other.

Wyatt's lips were thick and plumped, more than Jack's. The way he kissed you was soft, gentle, as if he was afraid to break you.

You reached your hands behind his head and tangled your fingers in his hair. Wyatt smiled as he gently pushed you against the couch, both fell back, with him on top of you. His hands reached for your waist as his lips went for your neck.

Your mind suddenly betrayed you memories with Jack flashed before you. You remembered how he would kiss you in your favorite spot, just above your collar bone, and how he would trace circles around your hips as he nuzzles his face into your neck.

All those good memories of him.

Why?

WHY?

Tears escaped you as you let out a quite whimper, causing Wyatt to stopp immediately and look at you with wide eyes. "Are-Are you okay Y/n?" He asked as he saw your tears.

"I'm sorry Wyatt...i can't do this...not now." You said as you gently pushed him off you.

Wyatt nodded. "I understand.." He said as he got up from the couch. "You...can't stop thinking about him, even after what's he's done to you?" He asked as he looked down to the ground. He felt a tinge of anger rise inside of him. But also there was jealousy.

You wanted to hate Jack for what's he's done to you but after hearing Wyatt's story, you began to pity him. You hated yourself for feeling that way towards him.