10 - Doppelganger

I sat at the window for what felt like ages and I decided to go to bed as I had work the next day.

Trying to ignore the fact that Luke can come back anytime.

But that wasn't Luke, there's something in that boy or something about the past that has made him like this and it was my mission to find out what made him like this.

I fell into a deep sleep after counting back from a hundred. I think I only got to 32 then I was fast asleep.

The next morning my alarm went off and it wasn't one of those situations where I could just press snooze.

I had to get up for work.

I sloped out of bed and stumbled to my closet and proceeded to put on my clothes. I decided to change into my suit once I get to work because it's just weirs to casually wear light pink suit. Pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a black studded leather jacket. Brushing through my light brown hair with ombré tips, a slight wave at the end.

Once I've finished getting ready, I said goodbye to Maddison and head outside.

The sun wasn't all the way up yet as it was 6:45am. I know, it's early right? Anyway, I yawned all the way to work.

Deciding to get a take-away coffee before work, I pull up in front of a cute little coffee shop. I reply to Maddison's text as I walk up to the counter.

"What can I get ya?" I heard a boy say from behind the counter.

I look up and was completely shocked as to what I saw.

"Luke?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

The boy looked at me in confusion and then collapsed. I jumped over the counter, not giving a shit about people thought about me at the moment.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" I bend down.

"Y-yeah, I'm n-not Luke." The boy stutters, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"What is your name?" I ask, looking down into the boy's eyes.

"J-Jai" he lets out a couple of more tears.

"Luke killed many people, we were best friends until we were 5 because after that he suddenly became violent. He probably doesn't even remember our memories we have had together, that isn't Luke, that's something else!" He sniffles.

"I'm his carer." He suddenly shoots his head up and glared at me.

"You need to get him out of the institution" he gritted his teeth.

"I have seen the real Luke, he is a very sweet Luke. I made him chuckle, not in a bad way. And I've seen him cry, it's a milestone if you asked me." I rubbed his shoulder. "Really? I haven't seen a smile, except his evil smirks." He started to calm down.

"Yeah, okay here is my number and my address." I wrote the details on a piece of paper. He carefully took it and smiled, looking up at me. "I'll be sure to visit."

He stood up and I grabbed his arm helping him up.

As I received my coffee, I decided to walk the rest of the way to work as it wasn't too far. Thoughts start running through my mind.

Should I mention Jai to Luke?

Should I ask about his siblings even?

Who knew he had a twin.

___________

SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATE OMG!

COMMENT IF YOU WANT ME UPDATING TODAY AGAIN AND I WILL TO MAKE UP FOR THIS SHORT CHAPTER!p

NEXT CHAPTER 5 VOTES 2 COMMENTS!

ILY ALL ❤️