30 - Princess

-Lily's POV-

Here I was, standing in front of the place I dreaded the most. But, I do have to still pay for rent. Thankfully they haven't fired me since I wasn't at work for the past week, 6 days to be exact.

Jai hasn't left the house either, only to go work or buy food. Other than that, he stays.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful. But, he reminds me so much of Luke and a little bit of my heart breaks off each time I see him.

I wondered how he felt, he must be hurting more than me but he's really good at not showing it.

I've had counseling training, of course. Maybe I could ask him a few questions, make sure he was alright and not silently going mad from losing his brother in such a devastating way.

I took a deep breath before stepping forward, letting the automatic sliding doors let me in. I turned my head, looking behind me.

I got a flashback from when the van was standing there, and the doors being opened at the back of the van.

My first encounter with Luke.

He seemed very aggravating and, to be honest, scary. Of course, he was a murderer. But the way his facial features softened when he saw me for the first time was interesting.

I remember how not even the strongest of all guards could push him forward. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Ms. Rivers looked up and her eyes widened. I gave her the look to show her I was not in the mood for speaking to anyone and she just nodded and let me go.

Thankfully, no one tried to break into my locker. I mean, who would want to steal an ugly pink suit anyway? My eyes spotted something peculiar and I picked it up.

A note.

I carefully opened it up and whispered to myself, "I love you and I will take care of you no matter what - L.A.M.B."

My blood ran cold as my eyes seemed to endlessly read the note over and over. Lamb? I shut my eyes, tried to steady my breathing and proceeded to dig out my uniform and pull it on.

As I stepped into the elevator, the same two guards stood there as always. "Where is Mr. Brooks?" One snickered. I ignored his words and waited for the elevator doors to open on the third floor.

Walking out, my heart ached, knowing someone else would be taking over Luke's cell. I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing someone standing in front of my counseling room at the end of the hallway.

There was another counselor in here, in their patient's cell, calmly asking their patient to go eat something. The patient easily agreed and I envied the fact that Luke wasn't as easy to order around.

Finally reaching the end of the hall, I gave the man and a questioning look, before he stuck his hand out while greeting. "Good morning, I will be filling in for Daniel Sahyounie."

I shook his hand with an uncomfortable smile. "And you are?" He quickly stumbled over his words before forming words that actually make sense.

"My name is James."

"Nice to meet you, James," I smiled, and unlocked my door, walking in. "Come in if you'd like," I offered. He gladly took the offer and took a seat on the chair Luke usually sat at.

"So, who's your patient?", James asked, probably not knowing about Luke. "My patient was Luke Brooks, but he was unfortunately executed. My new patient will be whoever takes over Luke's old cell I guess." James kept silent, probably not knowing what to say.

He just nodded slowly. "W-Why was he- uhm.." "He murdered on his final warning." James looked sympathetic. "Oh, if I may ask, who?" I bit my lip, not wanting to scare him.

"You know Daniel Sahyounie?", I asked. "Yeah?", he furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah. Him." And that's when James' eyes widened only slightly. "Don't worry, your safe now."

He nodded and shook his leg. "I should probably get my patient to breakfast," I mumbled. "I'll do it! I mean, it's my first day and technically I can do it too. Rest a little, chill out, I'll-" "Have fun," I waved him off and he nodded, exiting the room.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through social media and going on the news, until something caught my eye.

"Brutal murder of family in Franklin Avenue"

I gulped harshly. I lived there. Deciding to read on, I braced myself.

"We all send our best wishes to people who may know these family members. The brother out of the two siblings was out, therefore survived this tragic event. There is no sign whatsoever as to who could have done this but we are working on finding out as soon as possible. Predictions have claimed that the murderer climbed through the window, as there are no footprints that could belong to them at the door of the apartment. We have found a pillow resting on the mother's face, a bullet hole straight through the brain. The rest of the family were found with cloths tied around their mouths and brutally stabbed by a knife mostly in the face. We are working on collecting the fingerprints and seeing who we can match up to. Predictions of who the murderer could be below:

- Rosa-Lee Hammond
- Alex Matthews
- Luke Brooks"

My heart started racing and my head started spinning. They couldn't possibly think someone who is dead, killed a family!

How has Melbourne not been informed about his execution?! I shook my head, maybe there's another murderer on the loose.

Deciding to calm down a bit, I looked back at the article to see they attached pictures of the predicted murderers. Luke had a black eye in the photo. I've never seen him with a black eye.

"I'm back." I jumped in my seat from the sudden noise and placed a hand over my chest. "Don't scare me like that, James." He nodded and sat down again. "So, how's the patient?", I questioned. "He's a bit sketchy but it's alright. He's on the third floor after all."

I nodded. I had the sketchiest of them all. "He wants to meet his counselor." "Oh o-okay..?" I stood up and slowly made my way down the hallway.

Whispers were heard and the lights flickered. I payed no attention, just because I was in an asylum didn't mean something bad is going to happen. The cells are electrically closed, anyway.

The light flickering became heavier, as my footsteps became slower. Suddenly the hallway became pitch black as the lights gave up.

A power outage.

Mumbling was heard in various cells and I heard a few doors screeching against the floor. I did the only thing I thought was suitable, run to my patient's cell and hope he's not too insane.

There were already patients behind me, moping around carelessly, so going back to James wasn't an option.

"Lily?", I heard James shout down the hallway, making a few heads of patients turn to give him questioned looks. "Shh!", I replied, continuing to -now- tip toe to the cell. "Lily where are you?" He shouted again. I heard a few groans and more footsteps around the hallway.

I squinted my eyes, to try to see if there was anyone in front of me. Finally making it to the cell, I wasted no time in opening the door and shutting it, locking it with the keys.

Turning around, I saw the silhouette of my patient sitting on the bed. "H-Hi?" I awkwardly shifted on my feet. The man stood up and walked towards me as I pressed my back against the cold metal door.

"Please don't hurt me," I whimpered as he came ever closer. The lights started to flicker again and this time they turned on. My blood ran cold as I saw the boy with a black eye.

"You really thought you saw the last of me, princess?"

The end.