27 - Time

There comes a time in one's life where it's too good to be true.

Simply too good.

But the difficult part is, decisions must be made. And those decisions can either make or break your life. Both decisions could break it for that matter.

It came to the point where I had to pick between Luke, or Jai.

I kept in mind that Jai was completely innocent. But, I also kept in mind that Luke was imperfect, but a beautiful person.

I'm sure if I could've bitten my lip any harder, it would've started bleeding. I wished it would, so that I had a reason not to speak.

"Lily."

I looked up to face the one and only, Luke. "Just let me take the blame, please", he pleaded but I immediately shook my head, not wanting that at all.

A lump immediately formed in my throat as I thought about Luke being executed. "Don't cry", I felt strong arms wrap around my trembling body.

It was already too late though. As I took in his scent, imagining me never being able to do it again, tears started easily rolling down my cheeks.

"I love you."

A tiny sob escaped my throat as I replied, "I love you too."

Our love was dysfunctional, but balanced in all it's imperfection. It's like the ocean and the moon. They kiss, but the love is not entirely complete without one another there.

Just like Luke and I kissing at that moment. I wasn't entirely there, too busy thinking. I only snapped back into the real world when I felt the soft pad of Luke's thumb carress my cheek as his lips moved ever so carefully against mine.

As if he were to move any faster or unruly, my lips would start bleeding. Which is all I wanted in the first place so that I wouldn't have to make this life-threatening decision.

"I'm taking the blame. And there's nothing you can do about it," he sighed, hugging me even tighter. "Luke. I love you! Isn't that enough reason?", I snapped, pulling away roughly, tears streaming down my face.

Luke frowned at my choice of words, chuckling sadly. "I wish. But, this was never going to work out anyway. I live in this institution and I fucking don't know what happened to me that made me this way.

Our love was made for heaven, not earth. Except, I'm definitely not going to heaven. I love you so much but please, let me escape this life."

And I don't know what came over me. But, I suddenly realised Luke wasn't happy, maybe even depressed, and I didn't notice this. He seemed to have, for the first time in his life, hated his life.

"Luke, you know I don't want you to do this, and I know you deep down, truly also don't want to," I started, also seeing Luke's eyes pink and puffy.

"But, go ahead." Luke's eyes widened at my words and he nodded frantically, pursing his lips together and shutting his eyes tightly.

"Yes. I'll do it for Jai, for you," he whispered through his very much heavy breathing.

_
(Don't kill me, I seriously don't know how executions work)

3rd Person's POV
2 weeks later

It was time.

Lily swiftly walked in her black high heels, right behind Luke. She turned her head, looking into Luke's cell as they walked past it. She forced herself to show no emotion. Though, on the inside she was tearing apart.

They finally reached the room and the two guards who held Luke by his arms shoved him into the room roughly.

"Ey, easy on him!", Lily couldn't help but scold them. It was unneeded for this fowl treating before the time comes. The guards scoffed and exited the room, probably relieved that Luke is not going to live long anymore.

She shook my leg slightly as she sat on a chair in the corner of the room. As much as she didn't want to be here, she knew that she had to for Luke. Because she loves him.

"Please don't cry. I'm just a tiny episode in your large series of life", Luke spoke quietly. "You're not a tiny episode. You are the series", Lily sniffed loudly.

The door opened and both of their heads snapped towards the direction. It was a man with a black suit on, also wearing sunglasses.

(A/N: why am I imagining him as channing tatum XD)

"Say your goodbyes", the man spoke in a mono-tone voice. Lily felt numb and like she was going to collapse any second, even though it might not have looked like it.

"Shh, baby, it's going to be okay."

Lily nodded, but she actually wanted to shake her head. She remembered, Luke isn't happy. And she thought of it as somewhat a suicide.

If Luke really wanted to go, she couldn't stop him. And if Luke didn't want to go, he wouldv'e kept his brother in jail.

Yes, Jai has been thought of being released ever since Luke admitted to forcing him to kill Daniel. And as promised, Luke had his consequences. Death.

"Okay you guys had long enough", the man rushed them on. The two separated from their tight embrace, slowly. Lily held no emotion to her facial features. She wanted to keep this easy, not just for her, but also for Luke.

Luke looked up at the man and nodded. They walked behind a curtain, Luke sparing one last glance at his love before turning the corner. They were still in the same room, yet they both knew that they're officially done for now.

Lily didn't know how executions worked, hoping it wasn't brutal or time-consuming. "Okay, you're going to feel a slight pinch", she heard the man say on the other side of the curtain. She heard a painfilled groan and her heart shattered.

It went silent.

As if her heart couldn't shatter any more than it already did. She couldn't help herself as she fell to her knees and mourned loudly. What did Luke do to deserve a life like that?

_

This isn't the last chapter, I promise!

What are your thoughts on Luke's execution?

Any guesses to what's going to happen now?

- mom