On Plagiarism

If you haven't read the section titled Copyright then please go back and read it. Plagiarism is a crime that is punishable by law. It also hurts the writer and is disrespectful to both the writer and their work.

I am leaving this page up here so you will know how emotionally devastating it is to have your original work stolen. The events described below happened in June 2019 and has since been resolved. But plagiarism continues to be an issue.

I am aware that the theme of 'gang marriage' and 'arranged marriage' is common on Wattpad

I am aware that the theme of 'gang marriage' and 'arranged marriage' is common on Wattpad. However, outrightly taking a story or its plot, and changing the author's name, the story's title, character names, settings, and the cover does not make the work your own.

If you are unsure whether you are plagiarising something, go check out Wattpad's advice on plagiarism. Ask in the forums. There are people available to help you. Don't infringe on another writer's hard work.

If you need help with writing, ask in the forums too. Check out writing websites and Pinterest. They contain plenty of resources for writers.

If you are a reader and find distinct similarities between stories, then please let the writer know.

If you are reading my story and think 'Maybe I can use this in my work', then be warned. If you are writing something and think of my story, then be warned. If you like a joke, sentence, plot that I used, and are using it for your story, then be warned.

Writers know when their work has been plagiarised. We have put our souls into our stories, after all.

And in the end, can you be proud of something that you have stolen?

W I T H O U T  F U R T H E R  A D O

L E T ' S  B E G I N