13

Mexico stared at the girl, she seemed calmer now but she was still somehow anxious,  it was clear with the way she keep playing with the pendant between her fingers.

"You have incredible intuition senses, it's scary" The boy said with a half-smile in his face and a light teasing tone in his voice "So I'll refrain to ask"

"We all are worried, you know"

"Yet, you are the only one here" She frowned at the implications of his words.

"Don't be like that, you know everyone is dealing with their own problems. And six hours of driving are nothing if I get to see my little brother" He snorted; she only calls him like that when she wants something "I'm also the one who likes to procrastinate her work the most so..."

"Will your boss call me again with a list of complains?"

"Of fucking course he will, don't you know me?" She laughed lightly, in a strange likeness to Tonio's laugh. It has always been like that and to this day he can't put a finger on the reason why.

"Thank you" Her arched eyebrow signaling the confusion and a plea to elaborate his gratitude "I mean it, you are always there when I need you. You are truly a pest hard to get rid of"

"Ok, good to know you would've been fine without your most important port... Sounds fake as fuck, but if it helps you sleep at night" She says faking hurt in her voice, smiling grandly and the reaction of the other.

"Low blow" He says, her only answer; a soft hum. He could sense the calmness coming for her, pulling him into an ease to talk about everything, so he does "Do you think it is wrong that after all he's done I still love him?"

"No. Love is a complicated thing as it is, add years of history, like literal history between you two and it just gets even more complex" He knows he had a lot people to lean on, yet when it comes to this, Cruz is always the one he goes for advice. He's not playing favorites, he would never, is just an intricate emotion "He's confused, I don't know why and I get the feeling you do"

"Yeah, I do"

"Mind sharing with the plebe?"

"No when you could literally be working for enemy lines" He says half joking, half wanting to finally address something after a while. She blinks, not understanding for a few seconds until she notices the stare he was giving to the star in her necklace "Kinda ironic you don't carry a cruz when is literally in your name"

"What can I say? Never been the most religious one, I'm not Puebla" She shrugs, still playing with the star pendant "I know is weird. Does it bother you?"

Does it bother him? Yes, it bothers him a lot but he's mature enough to know is just pettiness so he question her instead "Is he making you happy?"

The question clearly taking the girl by surprise and by the sudden blush and peculiar face she made, Mexico doesn't want to know what was the first that came to her mind "Yes, he is. He really is"

He nods in understanding, he doesn't inquiryif there's love involve because he knows it isn't any, at least coming from herpart. He just hopes the isn't either from the lone state, otherwise someone willdefinitely end with a broken heart. And knowing her past... can your heart break evenif it is already smashed to pieces?