|| Fifteen ||

A/n: This part turns into a murder mystery halfway through. I decided to lace an original theme into this book to make it a little more interesting. Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

5 YEARS LATER

(Y/n) currently was relaxing in Lestallum. The girl was sitting on one of the many wooden crates scattered across the town, staring up at the darkened sky. It had been four and a half years since anyone had seen the sun. Daemons ran rampant 24/7 and hunts were becoming impossible with their numbers growing by the day. She knew of King Aeshema's reign, but she feared he no longer had control of the daemons from his domain due to the perpetual darkness all across Eos.

Unbeknownst to the Horseman, a figure sauntered towards her. She hadn't noticed them as her eyes were still focused on the dark sky above, hands folded in her lap. When she felt the person place their hands on her knees and pry them apart to stand between her thighs, she tore her gaze from the sky and focused it on them. "Prom, I thought you weren't suppose to be back until tomorrow."

"It is tomorrow, (Y/n)

"It is tomorrow, (Y/n). How long have you been sitting here? This is exactly where I left you a day ago," Prompto responded with a hint of worry.

"Guess I lost track of time," she sighed. From her perch, she admired his older features in their entirety. He had gained muscle in the past five years and had cut his hair a little shorter. The go-tee he had grown is what truly made him look older. Whenever she admired his aging self, she automatically thought about how she still looked twenty. Unlike Prompto, she was cursed to stay young forever and watch the one she loves age. One day, he'd have wrinkles and white hair while she still was a young twenty-year-old woman. The thought wounded her and made her want to burst into tears.

"(Y/n)," Prompto gently called out to her, wiping a single tear from her cheek. "Why're you crying?"

Famine hadn't realized she was crying until he pointed it out. "I-It's nothing."

He shook his head with a frown. "If it was nothing, you wouldn't be crying. What're you thinking about that's making you cry? I hate seeing you like this."

The girl inhaled a shaky breath, knowing she couldn't hide the truth from him. "As the years pass by, you get older and more handsome. I watch as you grow older and I stay young. What happens when you've got gray hair and wrinkles? What happens when you're gone and I'm still here?" More tears fell as her voice shook with sorrow.

Prompto felt his own tears building up in his eyes as he listened. He wrapped his arms around her smaller shaking frame and hugged her close, resting his chin on the top of her head. The thoughts she spoke of never crossed his minds. He never thought about her timeless body as he was enthralled with her beauty every day. He wasn't sure how to respond to her questions and just held her, listening to her sniffles and whines. He stroked her golden locks, hoping his ministrations would soothe her and wipe away the tears.