Chapter 16

It's been rough but we've been getting thru it. Mom, dad, Jenny, Jared, Jesse and Teagan have been helping a lot but the person who's been helping the most is Harper. She's been taking really good care of Tabby.

Actually Tabby has been clinging to mom while I'm at school. As soon as I walk thru the door she clings to me. Harper has been doing her homework as soon as she gets in. Then when I do mine in the evening Tabby clings to Harper. We are the only people Tabby will have anything to do with. I guess it's understandable. She lost both of her parents, her pack and her grandparents to rouge attack. She lost everyone she ever knew to rouges. She has a right to be clingy.

"Daddy can we go the park?" Tabby ask.

"Sure."

"Can Harper go?"

"If she wants." she runs off to go ask Harper. I'm not really sure why she has taken a liking to Harper but if it makes her feel better I guess I can deal with it.

Actually me and Harper have been getting closer and I'm not sure how I feel about that. But I can't take Harper away from Tabby. I get my keys and meet them at the door.

"Ready?" I ask them.

"Yep." Tabby chirps. Harper nods. So we leave going to the park. When we get there Tabby goes straight for the slides.

"So how's school going?" I ask Harper. She groans.

"Getting more and more difficult." I nod in understanding.

"You still got what? 6 more years to go." I snicker. She's only in her second year of collage. Then she has four of medical school. Is it bad that I know this?

"So what are you going to do for Tabbys birthday?"

"I don't know. It's her first one without her mother. I want to make it extra special for her." she nods.

"I know it's out of line for me to ask. But umm can I plan it?" I just stare at her shocked. Why would she want to plan it? It's not her kid or her responsibility. "Sorry I asked. I just...I don't know. I guess I just want to make it special for her too. Ya know?"

"No no its okay. Actually that's not a bad idea. Between the both of us we might be able to give her the best birthday she's ever had." she jumps up hugging me.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You won't regret it." she chirps. I laugh hugging her back.

"Thanks Harper. Means a lot." we pull away from the hug and just stare at each other. We both lean in and crash our lips together. We kiss passionately until our lungs are about to explode. I break the kiss panting. "Shit." I say once it hits me what I've done. I quickly let go of her and back up. "Can we umm forget that happen?" I ask scratching my head nervously. I see hurt flash in her eyes but she quickly covers it up.

"Umm yeah." sure I've kissed her during sex but this was romantic I guess you could say. To intimate. And I don't know if I could actually be with her. Sex is one thing, being with her is a whole different thing. And so soon after Macy's death.

Sure I can't say I hate Harper anymore but...ugh I don't know. I love her I do but I don't think I could be with her. The sex is amazing and that's all it is is sex. I never make love to her. I'm either mad or just to release.

"Daddy." Tabby yells from the slide. I look up at her.

"Yeah pumpkin."

"Ice cream?" I nod an okay.

"Will you watch her while I go get us some?" I ask Harper.

"Yeah." I nod and walk off. What am I thinking? Even if I did get with her could I trust her? Am I seriously thinking of being with her.

I get us ice cream at the ice cream truck and head back. When I get there Harper and Tabby are in the sandbox building something.

"Here you guy go." I say handing them their ice cream.

"Look daddy a princess castle." Tabby chirps.

"Cool." I chirp sitting on the edge of the sandbox. They continue to build and eat. I sit back and watch with a smile on my face. You know for a smart three year old almost four she sure is a messy eater. "Did you get any I've cream in your mouth?" I ask.

"I'm saving it for later." she says seriously with a shrug. Me and Harper bust up laughing.

"How bout I get you more later?" I ask handing her some napkins.

"It won't taste as good." she whines.

"Your awful." I laugh shaking my head.

"Thanks pops." she chirps wiping her face. "To the swings." she cheers getting up and running to the swings. I shake my head chuckling as we get up and follow her.

"She's something else." Harper says walking beside me.

"Don't I know it." we make it to the swings and I push Tabby.

"Higher daddy higher." she yells. I push her higher and she just laughs.

We spend the next several hours at the park playing on the swings, slides, merry go round, sandbox, monkey bars. Everything. I'm so hungry and tired.

"Let's go eat." I say. They agree. So we leave the park going to a little diner down the road to eat. We order our food, joke, talk and laugh. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. "What now?" I ask after we eat dinner.

"Movies." Tabby says. I look at Harper seeing if she wants to go. She nods a okay.

"Sounds good to me." she says.

"Alright movies it is." we leave going to the theater. We get the tickets then popcorn, candy and drink. We go in and sit down. Tabby crawls up in my lap and gets comfortable.

The movie starts and about on hour into the movie I notice Tabby is passed out. Once the movie is over we leave me carrying Tabby.

"You think she's tired?" Harper jokes.

"Yeah actually it's her that should be carrying me." I joke.

"I know. Where the hell does she get her energy from?"

"No clue but I wish I had half of it." we go home. The car ride is filled with pointless conversation. Just us talking and making stupid jokes. When we get home I put Tabby to bed on her room and head to mine. I fall flat on my face and pass out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!