Chapter 14

We had to reschedule the wedding. Well Macy did anyway. Something about the flowers wouldn't be in season for another six months. So we have to wait. Blah. Mom was excited about it now she can plan a bigger wedding. Blah. It's still just the pack but better food and decorations.

Now my parents are paying for the wedding. Mom and dad sat down and had a talk with us. Told Macy they loved her and it had nothing to do with her and are happy that we are getting married and how they already thought of her as a daughter. Told me that that's all they want is for me to be happy and since I can't be happy with Harper then that they are glad I'm happy with Macy and Tabby. So all is good now.

My friends on the other hand. Only Jenny, Matt, Jared, Jesse and Terry are talking to me. They were just shocked. Teagan and Zack aren't speaking to me. They say I'm screwing Harper over I guess I am. I know I should be with her but I guess I'm still to hurt by all she did all those years ago. I know I told her once to get over it but this is different. I rejected her so she could experience life I was basically rejected so she could cheat on me and she hurt me over and over again. Maybe I'm just bring stupid

"DADDY!" Tabby comes running in screaming bloody murder from the back door. I jump up and run to her. "DADDY! DADDY!" she keeps screaming running to me as I run to her. She looks horrible. Her cloths are torn, tears running down her face.

"Tabby baby I'm right here. What is it?" I panic.

"Mommy...ba...bad...wolves." she sobs. I push her to Harper and haul ass out of the house.

As soon as I hit the back door I shift. I sniff the air and follow her scent.

'Mace' no answer. 'mace' no answer. 'Macy' still no answer. 'god damn it Macy answer me' I panic. I follow her scent till I spot them. He's got a hold of Macy's neck and I flip. I run not even thinking and clamp down on his neck making him let go of Macy but I don't let go. He tries to shake me off. Mother fucker fucked with the wrong person. Or wolf for that matter either way he's a dead wolf. I continue to squeeze until he goes limp. For good measure I rip out his throat. I quickly shift back to see dad his beta and a few other guys looking at Macy with sad eyes. I rush over to her but dad stops me.

"No son."

"Why the hell not?!" I yell. Someone throws me some sweatpants. I put them on and start to go over to Macy again but dad and Tony block me. "MOVE!" I boom.

"No Keagan."

"MOVE! DAD! NOW!" I struggle against them finally breaking thru.

When I do I see Harper holding her head in her lap crying over her body. I rush over to her skidding on my knees.

"No no no no no." I chant taking her away from Harper. I cradle her upper body against my chest. "Macy baby wake up." I beg moving the hair out of her face. No response. "Please Mace come on baby wake up." nothing. "Macy Klein you wake your ass up right now." I begin to tear up.

"Ke..." she gurgles.

"I'm right here baby stay awake."

"Te...tel...tell..." she gasp.

"Shh baby just stay awake." I gently pick her up.

"Tabby...love..he...her."

"You can tell her later." I start running with her as careful as I can.

"Take...car..." she starts coughing up blood. "Of...her me..pro...promise."

"I promise baby just stay awake."

"Lo...yo." then she goes limp in my arms.

"Macy baby wake up!" I scream but nothing and I hear her heart beat go thump one last time. I drop to my knees pressing her body to mine he face on my neck. "No Macy come on wake up please." I sob. I knew she didn't have a chance. Part of her neck was gone. I'm surprised she got out what she did. "Macy baby I love you. I'm so sorry." I cry rocking her back and forth. "I'm so sorry baby. I love you so much. I'm so sorry." I sit there for god only knows how long crying holding her close to me.

"Keagan." dad whispers. "Let go son." I just shake my head no. "Keagan let go. You need to go be with Tabby. You need to tell Tabby her mom is gone."

"I can't." I whisper.

"You have too." I nod knowing he's right but I can't let go of her. "Come on son let go." I nod sniffing handing her to dad. "Go. Go be with Tabby." I nod again getting up. I slowly pick myself up and make my way home.

When I get there I stop at the back door and wait a few minutes to collect myself. I wipe my face a couple of times and take a couple of deep breaths. I walk in and grab a shirt pull it on and walk to the living room. Where mom, Harper, Teagan, everybody is. All giving me sad looks. Harper or someone must have already told them. Worst of all Tabby it there waiting for me.

"Daddy where's mommy?" she ask as I walk in. I gulp loudly. I can do this. I have to do this.

"Come here baby daddy needs to talk to you." she gets out of moms lap and runs to me. I scoop her up and take her to the kitchen. I sit us down in a chair and prepare myself.

"Daddy where's mommy?!" she demands. I stay quit not knowing how to answer that. "He killed her didn't he?" she ask looking me straight in the eye. All I could do was nod.

"NO YOUR LYING!" she screams.

"I'm so sorry baby."

"NO! NO! STOP LYING! TAKE ME TO MY MOMMY! PLEASE! DADDY! TAKE ME TO MOMMY!" she cries.

"I'm sorry baby."

"NO I WANT MY MOMMY!" she starts to crying harder. I pull her in for a hug and cry with her.

"I do to baby. I do too." I mutter as mom comes in and I shake my head no telling her to leave us alone.

"I want my mommy." she sobs after a while.

"I know. I'm so sorry baby. She's in a better place now."

"No she's suppose to be here with me she promised. Daddy she promised."

"I know she did. She didn't count on that rouge killing her. I'm so sorry I wasn't their to protect her I'm so sorry."

"Who's going to take care of me now?" she cries.

"I am baby. Me, grandpa, grandma, Jenny. We all will pumpkin." she nods sobbing. "Come on let's go to bed." I say getting up.

"Can I see mommy?"

"I don't think that's a good idea baby."

"Please daddy."

"Tomorrow I promise."

"Where is she now?"

"Grandpa is taking care of her." she nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!