Chapter 9

"So daddy huh? How did that happen?" Harper ask coming to sit on the chair beside me as I'm laying down on the couch watching tv.

"None of your business."

"She's cute." she informs me but I ignore her. "Look Keagan I'm trying. I've changed."

"There isn't anything to try. I'm happy. I've moved on. If that's why your back to get me back well forget about it." she sighs heavily.

"Well truth be told its one reason why I'm back. The other reason is I just miss this place. Just wanted to come home." she says shrugging. I chuckled.

"We are not getting together. Never. I'm happy plan on asking Macy to marry me and legally adopt Tabby. So just go back where you came from."

"Marriage?" Harper chokes out.

"Yep...." that's all I got out before Tabby comes running down the stairs.

"Daddy." she sniffles.

"Yeah baby."

"I don't feel good." she whines.

"That's what you get for playing in the rain." I sing. "Come here pumpkin." I say holding my arms for her as she walks around the couch. "Wow you are sick huh?" I say once she lays on my chest. She nods miserably. We don't get sick very often. "Where's momma?"

"She's sick too."

"Did she give you medicine."

"Yeah then sent me down her to you. Said I was to hot to be laying on her." she groans. With both of them sick I'm sure both of them are to hot to be laying on each other.

"Well lay down and go to sleep. Wanna watch cartoons?" she nods. So I flip thru the channels and find her favorite cartoons. Tom and Jerry.

We just lay there for a while just watching tv.

"Daddy my ear hurts." she whines.

"Let me make a phone call." I pull out my phone and call the pack doctor. Thirty minutes later he shows up.

"Hey Theo. Sorry to call but could you take a look at Tabby and Mace for me?"

"Sure what seems to be the problem?"

"They decided to play in the rain last night and both of them woke up this morning not feeling good. Now Tabby is complaining her ear hurts." he nods looking over Tabbys ears, throat, all the fun stuff and decides its just a cold with an earache. Then goes and checks on Macy same thing minus earache.

"I called in some pain medicine and antibiotics for Tabby." he tells me.

"Thanks Theo."

"No problem. Don't forget to pick them up. They should be ready in about 20 minutes."

"I'll leave now thanks." I tell him as he walks out the door.

"I'll go get them." Harper says. I just shake my head no taking Tabby upstairs to Macy.

"Hey babe how you feeling?" I ask Macy.

"Awful." she groans.

"I'm gonna go get the medicine for Tabby you need anything."

"More tissue."

"On it be back later." I tell her then leave.

I get out to my car and not a second later Harper jumps in.

"What the fuck do you think your doing?" I growl.

"I need some stuff from the store so I'm going with you." she says with a shrug.