I Just Ran

The process of taking all five Hellhound teeth from Sixx's leg took a a whole half hour five of which Sixx was unconscious, having blacking out from the pain. Greg was still feeling a little woozy after hearing and seeing all those teeth being worked out. He would've lost what little lunch he had left had he actually seen the leg, he'd never been very good with blood let alone a torn up body part.

Once the operation was over with Ryan had asked Greg to wait for him in the study, saying that there was something that they needed to talk about. Greg didn't really like the way that Ryan said it but he didn't have much a choice but to listen. Everyone else in the mansion was tending to their own issues leaving Greg alone with no one to talk to. Flannery was still being moody towards him, Sonya was busy with Sixx, and Joe lived in another house entirely, all and all Greg was starting to feel alone in this place.

Greg had been so deep in thought that he didn't even notice he'd walked all the way from the infirmary to Ryan's study. When he looked back up and saw the familiar lawyer looking room Greg couldn't help but feel like something was off. Maybe it had to do with whatever Ryan was planning on telling him, or maybe he was just getting a little paranoid because of the Hellhounds.

"That's the horse I'd bet on." Greg's head whipped around at the sound of the voice speaking again. Just like before it came from his left, and again there wasn't anything there. "Oh I'm there you're just not allowing yourself to see me."

"Who's there?" Greg asked scooting back against the couch as he could. "Where are you?"

Nothing, just utter silence. He didn't hear anything else besides the ticking of the clock on the far side of the room and the tapping of a branch hitting the window. Greg took in a deep breath hoping to calm himself down a little, after all he had quite the day again. Got into school, visited by a Hellhound, attacked by other Hellhounds, wake up to Flannery looking his half naked body again, and finally he got to be Sixx's stress reliever. Not exactly among his best days he'd had and all this stress wasn't helping him.

"Not at all." The voice said but Greg ignored it this time and got up to look outside.

There wasn't much to look at really since a tree was nearly blocking half the view outside. But thankfully the other half allowed at least something of a spectacle. Ryan's study was on the inner part of the mansion, so Greg was looking out at the courtyard where the members of Enigma trained. Beyond that was the small maze of hedges where Sonya liked to hang around in, and also here favorite place to play tag. Greg could only imagine how Sixx dealt with chasing his adopted sister around a seemingly endless maze.

The thought of a young Sixx trying to catch a young Sonya brought a slight smile to Greg's face. He found himself wondering if Sixx was such an angry person back then, for all Greg knew maybe that's why Sixx was so competitive now. The image of a five year old Sixx throwing a tantrum entered Greg's mind and he wondered if that actually happened a lot.

"Oh I'm sure it did," Greg heard the voice say.

He ignored it again but this time he saw a flicker of movement in the darker part of the window where the reflection was clearer. Greg's eyes moved down to the reflection and his heart nearly stopped once he saw the source of the movement. In the reflection Greg saw that the space where he should be was empty. His reflection was just gone, he didn't see himself in the window.

Thinking it was a trick of the light Greg moved away from the window and rushed to the small mirror beneath the clock. Once he got there he let out a sigh of reliief as he saw himself in the mirror. Besides the bruises from the fight and the growing shadows beneath his eyes Greg looked normal at least. No horns or spikes sprouting from him like in the movies when someone is half Devil.