Recovering

Greg awoke to the feeling of someone prodding him like they would an animal who wouldn't obey their master, when he opened his eyes he was somewhat surprised and confused to see that he was looking up at Flannery. Lifting his head Greg shook his head in an effort to wake himself up much to his dismay though he felt his head practically split open once he did. Groaning he fell back onto whatever it was that he'd been laying on and held his head.

"Oh my god," he groaned  trying to rub his head but every little touch made his head feel like an egg about to split open. "What happened?"

"We think you have a concussion." Flannery said drearily as if she too were having an issue with something. Greg lifted his head again despite the pain and looked at her and was appalled by what he saw. She was laying in the same bed as him! "You've been asleep for awhile and I was worried you might slip into a coma."

"So you were watching over me again?" Greg said a little more accusingly than he intended.

"Well I'll leave you alone if you want me to-" she said as she started to get out of the bed, but Greg reached out and took her by the hand before she did.

"No I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I want you to stay."

As soon as those words left his mouth he saw that something in Flannery lit up, it was only a slight flicker but it was definitely there. She gave him a weak smile and slid under the covers before scooting her body against his. Greg felt himself blush when she did this as the memory of her storming into the courtyard and kissing him came rushing back to him. Still feeling a slight blush Greg tentatively turned on his side and winced slightly as his head screamed its protest. He brushed it off best he could and slowly brought his arm up and wrapped it around Flannery's small frame.

He swallowed as he did this and half expected to feel a burn in his arm, but it never happened. Flannery was letting him hold her. Feeling a little self conscious Greg began to pull away but this time it was Flannery who pulled him back. But this time she turned slightly and gave Greg a small kiss before turning back over pulling his arm back around her.

What brought that on, he wondered but so no reason to ask it out loud. Greg scooted closer to Flannery so that their bodies were fully against each others before kissing her shoulder and resting his head on the pillow. He still had no idea where they were but that really didn't matter to him right now just as long as he was with her it was okay. Closing his eyes Greg let himself drift off until finally sleep overtook him once again.

He woke again to the sound of what sounded like someone chewing much, much louder than they needed to on some chips. He shot straight up and banged his head on the dash board of the car and looked to his left to see Logan beginning to snicker at him. Groaning Greg rubbed his head and let his body fall back against the passenger seat he was in and let out a bitter sigh. A dream, he thought, just a dream.

"You alright their Greggy?" Logan asked still struggling to hold in his laughs. "Banged your head pretty good there huh?"

"You think?" Greg spat and turned his head to see that they were on an abandoned road and surrounded by trees.. "Where are we?"

"Welcome to the Appalachian Mountains Greggy," Logan said as he stuffed a small handful of chips into his mouth. "Mr. Beris has a cabin out here. I don't know if it's legally there but it's there."

Greg rubbed the back of his head and looked behind him to see that everyone besides Lissa was still asleep. She smiled at him though he had to wonder just what she thought of all this, she was after all almost ripped apart by a pair of Hellhounds not that long ago. Still at least she was holding it together, he really didn't think he'd have the same composure had he been in her position. Must've been with them for a long time if she's not shaken that badly, Greg thought as he turned back around.