What To Do

Sixx was riding along the road on the motorcycle that he'd taken for going on an hour now. His phone was propped on the handlebars with the gps locked on the screen so he knew just where to go. Sonya and the others were at some hotel called Moutain Creek somewhere in Vermont. According to his phone he'd get there in about another 45 minutes if he didn't get pulled over by any cops, and as long as he didn't let his wound slow him down. 

The spider-freak Devil that he'd fought an hour ago had put up a far better fight than he'd expected from such a low level Devil. He'd met only three other spider-freaks in his life and all of them had been a lot weaker than the one he'd just met which prompted him to ask a question; Do Devils get stronger with age? If the answer to that was yes than Sixx could only imagine how strong Cerberus was, which would explain how it was able to brush off both Gene and Joe with such ease. It wasn't a comforting thought to think about a Devil that was well over 2,000 years old and getting stronger as time went on.

"If I'm right, then how could we bring down something that old and strong?" Sixx asked out loud.

Even with Gene, Joe, and Ryan's help Sixx knew that they didn't drive Cerberus away, it left of it's own free will. His mind went back to how Cerberus lifted Joe off the ground with one of it's heads while it was digging into Gene. The helplessness he felt in that moment just wasn't right, to think that all four of them were trying as hard as they possibly could and it could've slaughtered them all at will it was unsettling to say the least.

With a sigh he looked at his phone again and saw that he was still going the right way, he was in for a long ride and he knew that he needed something to think about other than guilt for letting Sonya vanish like that. What kind of big brother was he to let someone just take her away like that, and what's worse is that now she was far, far away where he couldn't protect her.

Suddenly his mind shifted from Sonya to their first ever mission out in the world with Ryan. They were out in Jersey somewhere tracking down one of the infamous Jersey Devils--which was basically like a miniature dragon. Sixx had just started learning how to fully control his power and they'd been working on it for a year or so, meanwhile Sonya was still somewhat wirey and hadn't been built up quite as much as she was now. He and Sonya were walking through the woods alone so as to appear easy prey for the Jersey Devil they'd been tracking since they were only nine and ten at the time.

The plan went just as Ryan said it would, the Devil saw them as easy prey and went after them. Sixx remembered Sonya not being ready for a real Devil and cowaring near a tree meanwhile Sixx was just too weak to fight something as big as a Jersey Devil. They stood at about 7 feet tall on average, and had these gigaintic dragon-like wings that had small little barbs on the tips for slashing out at whatever they thought they could eat. Try as he might Sixx couldn't best the beast, he was too young and too weak, it brushed him and his blades away as if they were nothing beating him until he could no longer fight back. Once it was done with him it turned it's sights on a wailing Sonya who was too shaken to even run away let alone fight back.

Sixx watched as the Devil advanced on his adopted sister and slashed out at her with it's wings and talons. Once the attack began Sonya got her legs back and she tried running but the Devil was just too quick for her, everytime she tried running the Devil sank it's enormous talons into her back before tearing into her again. Sixx was crying now pleading for the Devil to leave her alone and to just kill him but it didn't listen. For five whole minutes Sixx had to watch his baby sister get bloodied, beaten, and savaged by that horrid creature helpless to even crawl to her rescue after the beating it had inflicted on him.

Just when Sonya could no longer struggle and was nothing more than a bloodied lump on the ground did the Devil finally go in for the kill. It reared up and snatched her in it's talons before making a move to fly away to devour her. It never got more than a few feet though when Ryan finally showed up battered and bloodied himself and fought desperately to get his daughter away from the Devil. For a while it appeared as though the Devil was going to get the better of Ryan, but a parent protecting their child was something that not many forces can handle. Ryan managed to somehow get Sonya away from the Devil before driving his long sword into the Devil's chest.