N&C...R&R

Nate was dead tired when he pulled up to school the next day. He had Celeste really should have called it a night when he put Brooklyn in bed but, he just couldn’t. Though he had been a bit tired at the time he just couldn’t let Celeste go yet. He had asked her numerous times if she was tired and she always replied with a negative. Nate never understood where that girl got all her energy from. 

After parking his truck, Nate got out and leaned against the drivers side door. It was still rather early and he knew that Celeste would be a while longer. She had a routine that she went through every morning. After she got ready she would have breakfast with her brother if he was still home. If it wasn’t breakfast with him it was with the twins. With his hands stuffed in his pockets Nate watched as more and more people pulled into the parking lot. 

“You’re here early,” he heard Hunter comment from beside him.

“When did you get here?” he asked looking over at his friend.

Hunter shrugged before answering. “Just now,” Nate nodded but said nothing. “No offence man but you look like shit,”

“Thanks,” Nate muttered dryly. As if he hadn’t already known that.

“No prob,” Hunter grinned slapping Nate on the back. “So has Celeste told you about our plans for Spring Break?”

“Yeah, she told me last night when she came over for dinner.” 

“You two getting pretty serious, huh?”

“You could say that,” 

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the both of you” Hunter began

“Is this where you give me the ‘If you hurt her, I’ll hurt you’ speech?” Nate chuckled, he had been waiting for either Aaron or Hunter to do so. 

“Damn straight,” Hunter nodded “I’m serious though. Celeste has been through enough in her life. I haven’t seen her this happy in a long time and if you do something to hurt her, I swear to God, best friend or not I will kick your ass.”

“I’ll let you,” Nate replied in all seriousness, looking Hunter dead in the eye as he said the words. “I don’t plan on hurting her and I would never purposely do so.”

“We’re good then.” Hunter grinned “Here’s our girl now,”

Nate followed Hunter’s gaze and watched as Celeste drove up and parked in the stall next to his truck. “My girl,” he grinned

Celeste smiled as she followed Nate’s form. She had spotted him as soon she had pulled into the schools parking lot. She could tell that he was really tired but, he still managed to look just as delicious as always. Nate walked around her car, her eyes never leaving his, until he stopped at her door and opened it. 

“Morning beautiful,” he grinned leaning into the car.

“Morning,” she breathed 

“Yuck, I am so out of here” Nina said from the back seat. Celeste had honestly forgot that she was not along in the car.

“I think it’s cute,” Maddie gushed 

“You would,” her twin scoffed 

“Don’t scoff at me,” Maddie grumbled “I don’t even know why you’re acting like you’re grossed out. You and Aaron are even worse then them.”

“Whatever,” Nina huffed as she got out of the car.

Celeste bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. It was so good having friends like the twins. Maddie had been right about Aaron and Nina, they were definitely worse then Celeste and Nate were around everyone else. Sure, they shared kissed every now and then but, never had an all out make out session. Okay, so there was the odd time that they had but, in their defense it hadn’t started with their friends around. Celeste got out of the car and wrapped her arms around Nate’s waist, grinning up at him.