(Chapter 16) lead the way

I know that I can't run away. By doing that I will not solve any problems that I have at the moment. They would only follow me and continue to try and catch me because they know that I can be ridden and riding me once will not satisfy them and I know this.

Not only that though but by running I would constantly be on the run from them and I won't let my herd deal with that because they shouldn't have to. They should be able to live freely and to come and go as the please.

I think I have the answer to that. If I can bring them back to te ranch, so that they could live in the land there, as a wild herd still. If they feel the need try could still go. They could live as I do because to be honest the only bad thing about it is the fact that I was not with them.

I need to have a herd with me because I am a leader and a leader always needs their herd. Not because they want power but because it is for reassurance, to know that they have there family and they loved ones safe from all the bad things out there and if you have to face something them you are with them to do that.

Not only that though but the herd is my protection as well. I know that they will stick up for me no matter how dangerous it is. If I am in danger it doesn't matter if they know that they can get hurt because to them if the leader gets hurt then they all do, that is the thing about herds.

I began to talk with my herd about it telling them both the good and the bad points so that they could make up there own minds and decide for themselves. I only want what is best for the herd. I want them ton know what is best for them as well and it is their choice to make.

I walked back to the men just so that the herd can talk about it amongst them selves and not have to worry about me listening in, I could see them men's shocked glances and stares. It was really funny to be honest with you but you know me I lie them all the same.

Letting Damien stroke my neck as I stood beside him. It was strange I hated anyone else trying to touch me but with Damien I didn't care in fact I loved the feeling I had when he touched me. Almost like tingles and I didn't know why they were there and it was really annoying me. I thought that if I stay near him it will fade away but no I was wrong. They are only getting stronger.

I watched Over the lands around us looking for any threat that they could be, other than the one that I was surrounded by. I might trust them when they are with me but that doesn't mean I trust them with the whole of the herd, that is a different thing entirely.

If any of them tries to ride one of my herd without them wanting them to I will personally have something to say about it, but considering I'm a horse I'm going to have to take the more physical side of persuasion. Hehe that is going to be so much fun.

The herd had decided. I watched them carefully as they. Came closer along with the men here. They might just think the opportunity of having a wild horse so close is to big to pass up and make a move to catch them.

One of the men, a younger one started to do exactly this and as he did so. I stepped forward. Placing my feet heavily on the ground towards him, stretch in my neck out and arching it back. I stood close up to him. Slowly very slowly he put the rope he had just picked up down and took a few steps away from it.

Once I was happy with his distance. I looked back to the herd and nodded my head at them. They nodded theirs bak at me and continued walking their way forward. Once they were at an easy hearing distance they stopped.

One of the older more wiser mares. Raised their head to speak for the whole herd. "We have decided leader, that we will follow you to the plains of men. Please promise us though sister that you will protect us from any threat that my be ahead of us." I bowed my head slightly in acceptance.

"Have I ever done any different." I replied.That seemed to ease them and they began to make their way towards me. I turned to Damien and he had no other way to get back other than my back,

He seemed to get the point and he got on. Rearing up. I could feel his grip once again tighten and I signalled the herd to move out. Running as we usually do. I could here Damien hooting and shouting with joy as we ran.

We ran free and care free through the valleys as we headed towards the ranch and started a new life as a herd that lived of a ranch free and wild. Though we are up for some exceptions.