Childish ways (chapter 13)

It had been a few weeks since that day when they all woke up to find me on the hill after. Quite a while of panicking if where They thought could be and not using their eyes to see where I am. Haha that was actually really fun.

Every morning since then, no matter where they put me for the night. I'll end up under that tree on the hill. The people here have seemed to get used to the fact that that is where I will always end up by the morning. They know now that no matter where they put me I'll find some was to get out of it.

Whether that was breaking down the door likening as done many times. Or dimly just undoing the lock. Once I had even jumped over the stable door. I didn't like that one but I had tried all the others and they didn't work. So that was the only option I had left.

I hate being in the stable or stall over night. I can't see anything around me in the stall. I can't protect any on did I am locked in a stall and I can't see the danger that is coming, if there happens to be any.

The horses and people here may not be in my herd but I will still protect hem as they will me. Though I think one reason why I protect them is because the general is there. The generals name I had found out to be Leo. I loved the name. I loved saying it. Thinking it. Any thing about it really. I have no idea why though. Oh well I'll figure it out some time.

Today was one if the mornings where the sun rose high in to the sky. People began to rise early to see the sun shine. It's brilliant red, yellow and orange colours. Today was one of the days where Leo was one of these people. However to day felt different.

I did what I usually did and waited for Leo to come out of the house and whistle for me, before descending down the hill to stand in front of him. Leo is still the only person that i will allow to touch me. No one else.

Finally reaching him. He strokes my nose down to my neck to my back and up again. I wondered what hew a doing. He kept doing this applying more and more pressure ale ache time he did it.

Filing lot he began to lift himself up on to me and I realised what

He was trying to do and I didn't like it. I didn't want to hurt Leo. I tried to be careful and get him of my back gently. It wasn't working though. He hanged on.

I began to panic and prance around on my feet. Jumping from side to side trying to get him off. I felt he's feet nudge in to my side trying to get me to move forward. I didn't want to however. This man wanted to ride me.

I may trust this man more than any of the others here but I have never had any one ride me before. You won't understand but it is a scary thing having someone sit on you back. Even more so when you can't see them.

I slid to a stop. Not moving a muscle. My head and neck were stiff and held high. My legs were straight underneath me. My tail, held high and strong. My breathing was deep and fast. He came to realise that I wasn't going to be moving any time soon.

He reached down and began to pat my neck and stroke the sides of it, in an attempt to calm me down. It want working.

After a while he seemed to give up and it a very childish matter. Huffed and got off my back. As soon as he did so I moved a few steps away from him incase he tried to do it again. I wasn't going to let him.

He look at me out the corner of his eye, when he saw me do this. I saw what seemed to be slight regret in his eye. I think he knew that the trust I had for him has gone down a fair bit. He doesmt seem to like that at all.

Turning his whole body towards me. He opened his mouth to say something but being the child I am I turne my head away from him. Once again he didn't seem to like that. He then moved sideways so that he was in my line if sight again. I once again turned my head away from him.

This happen a fair few more times. Each time the general was getting more and more annoyed and impatient. This time he decided that he has had enough I this game. He stormed up to me and grabbed my head firmly but gently in his hands. Forcing me to look at him.

I still would not let him win though. Guess what I did to fix this. I closed my eyes. As soon as I did this he let out a loud sound of annoyance. He finally spoke his thoughts out loud, so that I can now finally understand what he is thinking.

" oh come on. Look at me... Please." He said. It almost made me want to laugh. He sounded so desperate and once again, as I have out before. Like a child. He was whining and it was deeply amusing. This went on for a while he was practically begin me by then end.

I decided that he had had enough of the cold shoulder for now so I opened my eyes and looked at him. I almost laughed when I did though. As soon as he saw me open my eyes. He jumped for joy literally. At one point in his little happy dance, I think I saw him skipping. That must be the weirdest thing I had ever seen.

A fully grown man skipping on top of a hill, because a horse looked at him. I think he had gone from being a young adult to being a you toddler in the last hour. Slowly become more and more childish in his actions.

I loved this side of him though. He finally seemed to relax and not be the boss that he had to be all the time when he was out or down there on the ranch in what nice to seem him habit some fun. It was even better that it was with me.

Haha. I will never get bored of this life.