Chapter 20

I could feel pain every where though it seems that these days that is all I can feel pain. This time it is only in to places my side hurt the most. Oh yes I remember that was where I got cut or shot I don't remember which was which, it seems like such a long time ago now.

But now I think about how long have I been asleep for. It couldn't be too long could it. When I had gotten hurt in my life before I had never been out for to long however I had never been shot before...

I began to hear things around me. There didn't seem like there was much to hear though just the heavy deep breathing of people who by the sound of it were sleeping. There was a breathing noise right be side me along with mumbling that I couldn't quiet make out.

It made me wonder who it was and also where I was. So I began to try and open my eyes. It was hard my eyes didn't want to open at first but eventually I manage to push my eyes open. It was pitch black at first but when my eyes began to a just to the dim light so that I could now see alright. It still wasn't the best however.

What I could see was little curled up piles of people who clearly were sleeping like I first thought.

I raised my head, so I can have a better look around me, but again there wasn't really anything to see. It was dark clearly some time in the early morning. That also showed why the people were still sleeping around me.

The night around me was very quiet. I couldn't hear any talking or walking around. There should have been considering there should be someone on watch. The problem was however that a lot of the people here had been hurt recently and weren't in a condition to keep watch. Then there were the people taking care of them.

I made my decision. Though I knew it would be better for me to go back to sleep and recover before morning but I couldn't leave the camp unprotected.
As I began to to raise on to my feet I noticed that there was some one laying awfully close by to me.

I had to change the way I got up in order to avoid kicking the man he was that close. Silly man, gonna get yourself hurt like that. Hope he doesn't do this with all the horses around here.

Taking a closer look at the man I realised that it was him. The man I saved, Damien. Asleep he looked so peaceful and innocent. Not a care in the world showed in his face, and such a beautiful face it was. Not a blemish in sight. A few bruises but still perfect.

I suddenly brought my self out of my thoughts. I can't be thinking like this it doesn't do me any good. Nothing could happen any way I mean come on I'm a horse to him nothing more nothing less.

I carried on with my original plan and continued to start worming my alway through the sleeping figures of worn out and tired people around me. I was about half way through the crowd before I heard something that made me freeze in my tracks. A groan of a waking man sounded from behind me.

Turning my head I looked at the source of the sound. A man was rolling over in his back as he tried to get comfortable. His eyes opened in to slits clearly he wasn't quiet awake yet. Looked right at me just staring his eyes not moving and not blinking.

I held my breath and waited for a resolve from the man, that he was actually look at a horse right now. But I didn't get one instead he groaned again and flopped forward on to his arms and began snoring.

The breath that I was holding release out in a puff of air. Release washed through me and I once again. But even more carefully than before. Worked my way through the people. Picking my feet up as high as the would go before precisely and quietly places than on the dirt.

Once I was free I walked away from the people and towards a large oak tree only a little away from the group. As I got to it I looked down, what I saw was a middle aged man a soldier by the looks of him, that hand his chin resting on his chest deep breaths making it rise and fall.

It was clear like he and everyone else here was fast asleep. I don't blame them though it's been a trying time for everyone. I left him alone and looked around me.

After some time of inspecting the surroundings. I felt more safe and calm as I realised that there was not threat at this current time. Though I kept watching and didn't let my guard down.

Anything could happen at any second. I refused to be caught off guard. We could afford any more injuries.

I watched as the sky turned blood red as the sun rose from the hills.

A blood red sun rise.

Blood had been spilt

Part of it mine.

Many had been lost but I will do my best to prevent more from being stolen before their time.

Sorry for the long wait everyone. Iv had a bit of a dramatic time lol. Iv manage to break my foot. Will horse riding ironically. I broken a bone snapped a ligament and moved my key stones. I had an operation and am now at home with a cast on. I have six months of recover to go before I'm back to normal.

I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

I'll try and write again soooonn xxxxxx

Thank you for reading xxx