Chapter 19

SO finally a longer chapter for you guys!

Vote

coment

fan

like

tweet

Ok so this book is coming to an end. I am extremly happy and sad at the same time, it's all bittersweet really. It's amazing writting for you guys and hopefully when i write my next book i'll still get your sopport. Any way i'm sure yo all want to read so go ahead. I just have one last thing to say. If you want to be up to date on all my work and join contests and get prizes and stuff like this page or subscribe or both :)  http://www.facebook.com/#!/booksaregreat?bookmark_t=page

Chapter 19

Dimitri should have been pleased when Jace patted him on the back and congratulated him, but all he did was nod. He should have been excited to see his best friend after three weeks, but all he could think of was Hazel. He shouldn’t have been so upset over her, but he was.

“What’s up dude? Your back home! Why aren’t you super happy?” Jace questioned. Dimitri looked at him, Jace hadn’t changed a bit. He still wore that crazy grin that gave everyone the impression that he was up no good. His golden hair hung in a loose pony tail as usual and he wore his normal uniform. 

“I am.” Dimitri sighed and looked away from his best friend who was now looking concerned.

“What happened to that cheery, care-free person I used to know? What’s wrong Dimitri?” Dimitri knew Jace was persistent; he would get some answers sooner or later so it was best to just give in.

“It’s Hazel.” Jace’s eyes widened and he instantly took up his attack pose.

“What happened? Is she ok?” Jace took his job very seriously and his job, along with many others, was to protect Hazel.

“She’s fine… It’s just…” Dimitri didn’t know how to continue. How was he meant to explain what had happened? “She trusted me with her life and I broke that trust and now she hates me.”

“Well you don’t know that she hates you. Besides why does it matter if she hates you? You just need to protect her not become her friend.” Jace shrugged, it seemed simple enough.

“She told me that she hates me and you know Hazel never uses hate! And… It does matter because… because I like her.” Jace’s eyes widened and his mouth opened and closed in shock. Dimitri felt his face heat up as he looked away from his dazed friend. 

“Y-you like her? As in like her? Never in my entire life have I been so happy for you! Finally a girl has caught your attention! I can’t believe it!” Jace screamed.

“Shut up! Do you want the whole world to hear?” Dimitri complained. Jace nodded his head and grinned just as the rest of the gang neared.

“Dimitri like’s someone? That is not possible! Who is she Dim?” asked Sam, staring at Dimitri in utter excitement. Dimitri blushed again. 

“Hazel.” Having said one word, Dimitri made Sam, Cody and Jake all stare at him with wide eyes and shock clearly presented on their faces. “But it doesn’t matter because she hates me!”

***

Hazel ran as fast as she could, tears still streaming down her face. Surprisingly she still knew the way to her room. It was then that she spotted Will and the joy of seeing him again overpowered her hatred for Dimitri.

“Will!” she screamed at the top of her lungs as she raced towards him. Will immediately smiled and gave her a massive hug. Again tears were streaming down Hazel’s face, but this time they were tears of joy.

“Miss Hazel, it’s so good to see you again!” Will exclaimed. Hazel beamed as she hugged him yet again.

“I knew I’d see you again.” Hazel stated. Will nodded his head in agreement.

“Now tell me all about your little adventure. Oh and don’t you dare go have another adventure without me!”

“Well we may need to sit down, this will take a while.” Hazel explained to Will every little detail of her adventure. What she did after she escaped, how she had found a poster of a farm that needed help and she even described Noah and Todd.  She told Will how they turned her in and how she had to run away again. Then the part where she met Dimitri and how she had started to like him and the things he had done for her and finally his betrayal.

“And now I’m here again thanks to that idiot.” Hazel cursed.

“Dimitri’s a good friend of mine Hazel, I’m sure he wouldn’t have done what he did unless it was super important and it was. Think about it, if he hadn’t brought you back here, I wouldn’t have been able to see you again.”

“I guess so.”

***

“Where is Hazel?” Marlon asked his body guard. He needed to talk to Hazel on their current situation. He also had decide what to do with Astra and Lisa, as well as do a whole heap of paperwork. Marlon sighed; rubbing his head, there was just so much to do!

“She was last seen walking towards her room.” Marlon nodded and thanked Sam. Finding Hazel was tougher than it seemed as she was not in her room when Marlon asked Will where she was.

“Where could she be?” he mumbled to himself. Just as Marlon was about to turn around, he spotter Hazel walking towards him. “Hazel, we need to talk about Astra and Lisa.”

“That’s what I came to talk to you about. Do you know where they are or what their planning?” she asked hesitantly. Marlon grinned and nodded.

“We do, in fact we have them down in the basement.” Hazel’s eyes widened in shock.

“The basement!” she exclaimed, what could they possibly be doing in there?

“Well it’s more a jail. Not many know it exists.” Marlon explained.

“So you have your own jail and Astra and Lisa are being held there?”

“Exactly. I am still deciding what to do with them. They can’t stay there forever… I was thinking of calling the police and sending them to an actual prison.” Hazel nodded, finally understanding what was going on.

“Yes you should call the police. But before you do, can I please talk to them?” Marlon looked up at her startled and alarmed.

“Why would you want to do that?” he asked in a concerned manor. Hazel shrugged as Marlon thought about it.

“Alright but take Will with you and there will be someone guarding the door to the basement too.”

“Yes! Thankyou!” Hazel squealed and left with Will following closely behind.

***

Dimitri kicked the stones on the pavement as he walked towards the basement. He knew it was time for his shift, but he couldn’t be bothered. However he knew he had to; if not, somehow Lisa and Astra could break out and get to Hazel.

It had been two days and Hazel still hadn’t spoken to him, he hadn’t even seen her since she had said that she hated him. As he neared the jail, he wished that none of it had happened, that he hadn’t spoken to Hazel. After all, watching Hazel and looking out for her was far better than having her hate him. 

“There you are. I was starting to think you weren’t coming!” exclaimed the guard whose shift was now over. Dimitri simply nodded. He suddenly had a massive urge to break into the jail and seriously hurt Astra, but he knew he couldn’t. “Well I’m off.”

Dimitri didn’t know what to do with himself. Standing around was boring, but it was his job. Normally he would be thinking of Hazel and how amazing she was, but now he couldn’t think of her because his brain was filled with regret.

From a distance he saw two figures making their way towards him. Dimitri readied himself to fight as he wasn’t expecting anyone, but as they neared, he cursed under his breath. He readied himself again, this time to receive more punches.