Chapter 18

hey guys! i have made a facebook page for my books! be up to date on everything! dont foget to like it :) http://www.facebook.com/#!/booksaregreat?bookmark_t=page thanks to everyone who already has! stay tuned for updates on my writting!

What a dramatic chapter this will be. I am not completly happy with it, so i will go back and make some changes. I just wanted to update for you guys so please excuse the bad qaulity of it. ANyway the story is coming to an end soon :( only a couple more chapters to go.

Chapter 18

Hazel watched as Dimitri sailed over the dip in the ground as if it was nothing. However when it was her turn, she hesitated. What if she fell? She could roll her ankle, or worse. Dimitri held out his hand as she jumped. Hazel nearly lost her balance, but Dimitri pulled her towards him before she could fall.

“Thanks…” she mumbled. Hazel stared into Dimitri’s mesmerising, light-brown eyes. She had never noticed the colour of his eye’s before. They were chocolate coloured and seemed to shine at every corner. Hazel quickly pulled away as she realized just how close their faces were.  She felt her cheeks heat up as she walked past Dimitri.

Dimitri knew he was blushing and was thankful that Hazel was in front of him. He had never ever in his life blushed before and he certainly didn’t want anyone to see him doing it now. Dimitri didn’t know what had happened, one moment he was helping Hazel across the huge dip in the ground and the next he was blushing for the first time.

***

Dimitri felt uneasy as they made their way to the end of the forest, he knew what was to come and he also knew he didn’t like it. This would be the end. He would hand Hazel over, she would hate him and he would hate himself too. But what could he do? It was a job he could not say no to.

Dimitri quickly slipped out his phone, making sure Hazel was safely ahead and couldn’t see. As he texted his boss, he got an immediate reply. It was now or never!

“Now!” Dimitri yelled. Hazel spun around, startled at his random scream. Her eyes widened and she let out a scream of her own as two pairs of strong arms gripped her wrist, taking her away. As more men neared her, Dimitri finally got a good look at them. They all seemed to be wearing the same thing. Black with multiple weapons attached.

“Dimitri, help!” Hazel squealed. Dimitri instantly looked up to meet her eyes as she was being carried away. Fear was clearly presented on her face. When Dimitri didn’t say or do anything her expression changed to a one of sadness and betrayal, which was too much for Dimitri.

“Мне очень жаль. I am so sorry.” Dimitri dropped her gaze and stared at the floor. When all the noise was gone, he looked back up to find himself alone at the end of the forest.

***

Wendy decided that she couldn’t wait any longer; she had to do something that would get her mind off Hazel. Maybe cleaning the house would help? But there was nothing to clean, everything had already been done. The only thing she could possible do was take a walk, which is exactly what she did.

What if Dimitri failed? What if Hazel never got back? What if something happened to Dimitri or Hazel? There were thousands of negative thoughts in her mind, but she knew she had to get rid of them. But how?

Wendy sat at the pond, watching the fish swim. What simple, easy lives such animals live. They wouldn’t have to deal with anything other than water levels going down. Sometimes she wondered what kept her going in life. Was it her family or was it her responsibility? Surely being a fish or a bird or even a dog would be much easier than being a human with great responsibility. What would have happened if she had been born a fish? Maybe she’d be living in the ocean or perhaps a lake.

Looking at her watch, Wendy decided she had better get back if she wanted to be in time to meet Hazel, if Dimitri had succeeded.

***

“Let me go! I don’t want to be back here. I ran away for a reason!” Hazel continued screaming random things at anybody who decided to listen. When she was finally taken to the games room, the whole De Zilva family stood there, anxiously waiting her arrival.

Wendy was the first to throw her arms around Hazel, the others joined soon after. Wendy was bawling her eyes out and Hazel started crying too. When they finally puller away, Wendy was furious! 

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again! How could you have been so stupid? Running away isn’t going to fix anything. I missed you so much!” Wendy sobbed.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’d be so upset. I thought it would be best for everyone if I left.”

“Well don’t ever think like that again!” Aaron replied, patting her on the back.

“Welcome back Hazel.” Marlon said. Hazel gave him a small smile.

“It’s good to have you back.” Andrew stated.

“Not.” Andre coughed. Hazel rolled her eyes at him.

“Bring him in.” Marlon commanded one of his guards. He nodded his head and turned to leave. When he returned, Hazel felt a sudden, powerful surge of anger. It was like nothing she’d ever felt before.

“Thank you Dimitri, you did the impossible. I knew that if someone could do it, it could be you. If there is ever anything I can do for you, don’t hesitate to ask!”

“Thank you sir.” Dimitri replied, avoiding Hazel’s glare. She couldn’t take it any longer, she charged at him. With every stride towards him, her anger strengthened.

“Dimitri! I trusted you, you stupid idiot. You lied to me! I trusted you with my life, but it was all a lie. This whole thing was planed wasn’t it? Everything you did and said was a lie! And I was stupid enough to believe it!” with every sentence her punches become more violent. It was a side to Hazel that no one had seen before.

“Not everything…” Dimitri started, but was cut off by another punch.”

“I’m not done! I told you everything; I thought you were my friend! Obviously I thought wrong…” Hazel’s eye’s burned with hatred and regret.

“Hazel, I…” Dimitri was yet again cut off.

“I hate you, I hate everything about you! I hate that you made me trust you, I hate that I believed you, I hate that everything you did was a lie and I most certainly hate that I liked you!” By this point tears were freely, streaming down Hazel face and Dimitri looked like he would too start crying. Wendy, Marlon and the boys were too stunned to put a stop to Hazel’s abusive behaviour. Dimitri opened his mouth to speak again, but nothing came out.

“I thought you were my friend.” Hazel whispered, barely even audible. Dimitri lifted a shaky hand and gently placed it on her cheek.

 “I. Hate. You.” This time Hazel seemed as if she was trying to convince herself. Dimitri tenderly stroked her cheek once, before she turned and left, his hand still hanging in the air.

A single tear slipped down his face as he tried to comprehend what had just happened. His body was numb with the millions of punches he had received and somehow he felt tired, like he was about to collapse.

Dimitri wished he could have told Hazel that not everything was a lie. He wished he could have told her that the things he did for her weren’t a lie, but most importantly he wanted her to know how much she meant to him.

“Dimitri, you’ve had a longer journey. Go and get some rest. Don’t worry she’ll come around.” Marlon told the distraught-looking Dimitri. All he could do was nod and exit. 

Please vote an comment?