Chapter 1

Hey so here is the first chappie dont forget to

vote

comement

fan

tweet

like

....

Chapter 1

Hazel smashed the puck in Aaron’s direction, hoping to get it into the goal. Aaron however slammed it back with such force that Hazel didn’t see it coming before it was too late; the puck headed straight to the goals, Aaron received the point. He pumped his fists in the air and Hazel sighed in frustration. She readied herself for the last goal; she would not lose to Aaron again! 

“Are you ready to lose yet again Hazel?” Aaron challenged, his midnight-black eyes shining in amusement.

“Don’t bet on it!” Hazel replied more confidently than she felt. She narrowed her misty, hazel eyes as Aaron lent forward ready to play the final shot.

Aaron was sure he was going to win, Hazel had only been at the Wake House for a couple of months, but she was already starting to get the gist of things. However if there was one thing she would never get used to; it was losing. She lost every time he played against her, but that never lowered her confidence.

Aaron held the puck in place; air hockey was one of his favourite games. He pulled his arm back and with as much force as he could gather, he smashed the puck to the goal. He held his breath, was he going to win again? The puck headed straight for the goals, but was suddenly stopped when it collided with Hazel’s hockey mallet, the puck changed direction heading back to him. His eye’s widened; he wasn’t expecting Hazel to be able to block his shot.

Hazel felt like leaping in joy, she had blocked Aaron, now it was her turn and she had to win.  She aimed her shot and slammed the mullet into the puck, sending it speeding towards the goals. Unfortunately Aaron returned it; she didn’t know what had happened until Aaron pumped his fists in the air.

“Yes!” he screamed.  He had won; the puck had missed her mullet and slide into the goals. Aaron could tell she wasn’t happy, the look on her face as she scowled at him made him want to laugh.

“I demand a rematch!” she commanded, crossing her arms over her chest. Aaron let out an audible laugh, his whole body shaking with amusement.

“Sure, if you want to lose again?” Aaron asked knowing Hazel most probably wouldn’t care if she lost again.  He looked down at her, waiting for her response. He didn’t know if he completely trusted her yet, after all she was a part of the plan to kidnap his father, however at the end her true colours shone and she had helped the De Zilva family to get their father back. He knew Andre couldn’t stand her, but he wasn’t sure if she deserved his hatred, after all everyone was safe and that’s all that mattered.    

Hazel thought it through in her head; did she really want to lose again? Maybe there was some other game that she could win; Aaron seemed to be good with air hockey, but what about something else? She looked around; Wendy was sitting on the shiny, white leather couch reading a magazine, Andrew was playing on the pin ball machine, making annoyed sounds every five minutes and Andre was jumping up and down, moving side to side playing the Wii. She wondered where Marlon was, she knew he was busy, but she rarely ever saw him.

Suddenly something in the middle of the room caught her eye, she smiled evilly, if there was one game Aaron wasn’t good at it was foosball! She walked over to the foosball table, knowing she would come out victorious.   

“Oh come on! I hate foosball!” Aaron cried. He knew this time round Hazel would most probably win, he sucked at foosball and he knew it. Hazel’s smile widened, her eyes shimmering in amusement. No, he would not give her the satisfaction of winning, she would surely boast about her win and he would never hear the end of it.  He looked around for an excuse not to play. Maybe he could challenge Andrew to a table tennis match? Or maybe he could play with Andre on the Wii. He looked back at Hazel who was expectantly waiting for his response. Maybe he could do something outside, or watch a movie in the theatre?

“How about we go for a trail ride?” asked Aaron, immediately knowing Hazel’s answer. Hazel’s face lit up and she shrieked with excitement. He knew she’d wanted to go horse riding from the moment she arrived at the Wake House, but Wendy wouldn’t let her go alone, she had been extremely frustrated because no one wanted to go with her.  Every single day the first thing she would ask was if she could go on a trail ride, the answer was always the same. Wendy wouldn’t even let her ride around the Wake House, she knew it was for her own safety, but she still thought it was unfair. The only reason Hazel wasn’t allowed to ride alone was because she didn’t even know how to ride, she was attending lessons, but she wasn’t any good at it. 

“Why do you bother doing anything with her?” exclaimed Andre, taking a break from the Wii. Andre knew that Aaron was quite friendly with Hazel, but after all that she had done to his family, he couldn’t quite understand how Aaron managed to talk to her without wanting to murder her.

Hazel scowled at Andre; he still hadn’t forgiven her even after the numerous times she had apologised to him. One time she even baked a cake for him, from scratch, then took the time to carefully decorate it and write sorry on it. She had given it to him and he had laughed in her face saying that he would never forgive her; she had gotten so angry that she smashed the cake into his face. She smiled at the memory, but her smile disappeared when she remembered what had happen afterwards.

“Andre, what’s in the past is in the past; just forget about it like the rest of us have!” Aaron replied, tired of his brothers ability to hold grudges for so long.

Hazel was grateful that Aaron stood up for her. He was completely right the rest of the family had put the past behind them, except for maybe Andrew.  Wendy, Marlon and Aaron had mostly forgotten about her betrayal. Though Andrew was not as bad as Andre he still hadn’t completely forgiven her. He was kind to her, but she knew he still didn’t completely trust her.

“I will never forgive her!” Andre growled fiercely, putting as much venom as he could into his voice. Andre clenched his fists and tried to control his anger, he wouldn’t let Hazel get the best of him! His life had been perfectly fine until she had come and ruined it.

Wendy looked like she wanted to say something but before she could, a man in a silky, black suite appeared in the door way.  His bold head shining as light reflected off it. He was, no doubt, one of the many security guards Marlon had working for him.    

“I’m sorry for interrupting, but we have received reports that Astra and Lisa have somehow broken out of prison. They are now coming after Hazel,” He said looking at the horrified girl standing in the centre of the room.

Hazel was astonished; she had been having such a wonderful time at the Wake House that she had completely forgotten how she had gotten there. She looked at Aaron, who in turn looked at her.

“Great! Just great, thanks a lot Hazel!” Andre had always known Hazel was bad luck and she had proven him right for a second time now. He was so frustrated! No one had ever made him madder than Hazel had; she always managed to be more frustrating every time!

“Andre, stop it!” Aaron commanded. Andre stomped out of the room in a huff. Aaron looked at his mum, who appeared just as shocked as the rest of them were. Wendy nodded her head and the man exited.

Hazel didn’t know what to think, she didn’t want to harm the De Zilva family again. They had suffered enough because of her and she didn’t want it happening again. 

“We need to get out of here!” Marlon commanded, throwing the doors open. “We need to keep Hazel out of reach from Lisa and Astra!” Marlon knew it would be risky, but it was what was needed to be done to keep his daughter safe. She wasn’t his biological daughter, but he had adopted her into his family, so he considered her as his daughter. She got the same treatment as his son’s.  “We leave first thing tomorrow morning, no arguments and no questions. Everyone get packing!” he demanded before exiting.

Hazel didn’t move, she had no idea what had just happened and clearly neither did anyone else. Everyone started at the door, shocked.

Hazel didn’t want to get her family into trouble again, she knew what she had to do and she knew when she had to do it. As she made her way to her enormous room, she made a mental list of things she would need.  

She was going to run away.