8: Jacks in the hospital

———
I've been living in my house for about a month.  Caleb and I are closer, so is Shawn and I. Jack and I spend more time together.  I probably smoke to much and don't go to school enough but it's all cool. 

I woke up to a quiet house.  I walked passed Shawn's room I heard him snoring so he's asleep.  I went down to the kitchen to eat. I grabbed some left over pancakes, I made way to much.

I warmed them up and began to eat when my front door blew open. It was Caleb he looked worried and a little scared and sad. He has a key to my house.

"Caleb what's wrong!?" "J- j j-a." Was all that escaped his mouth "Okay okay breath dude." "I'm okay now." He breathed out "Now what's wrong?" "Oh yeah.

It's Jack! He's in the hospital!" In moments I was dressed and in my truck on my way to the hospital. Crying a little.

Caleb was in the passenger seat to keep me calm while I was driving "S-so why i-is he in the h-hospital?" "He got into a fight with Aaron's gang..."

Let me tell you who Aaron is, he's 21 tries to piss off everyone. Has sent at least 20 people to the hospital, had been to prison 5 times. Almost killed a police officer, oh yeah he's a big asshole.

"Wait, how do you know this and I don't?"

"Well I haven't told you this but, Aaron's well... he's my cousin. He runs to me for everything. I'm not sure why."

"Why have you never told me this?"

"I don't know."

"So why do you think he runs to you?"

"Probably because we have always been close well used to be. He likes me more than his girlfriend."

"Wow. Oh were here!"

We ran into the hospital asked for his room number got it then went straight to Jacks room. He was asleep on the bed with a black eye, cuts, bruises, and a broken arm.

I walked up to his bed looking down to his face. There was a cut on his eyebrow.  Just like my birth mark.

I stared to cry again, holding his hand. I stayed the night there I slept on the couch. I woke up and Jack was still asleep. He woke up shortly after. "A-Ashly." "Jack!"

I grabbed his hand. "I'm so happy that your here." "I'm happy to be here." I smiled he smiled back. I kissed his forehead carefully trying not to hurt him.

"So umm Jack how did you end up here."

"Oh yeah, I got into a fight with Aaron and his gang surprised me. I was alone so I couldn't really protect myself."

"Oh you poor thing."
~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Jack was in the hospital for a few more days. After he was out he stayed at my house where he could get all the attention he needed.

I mean his family could but, his parents are busy this month. So his sisters at their grandmas house..

School will be over soon luckily. All of our friends have stopped by and visited Jack. Caleb has been staying here too only so he could help out.

Jacks cast will be off in about 3 weeks. "Hey Caleb." "Yea." "Can you come help me. Shawn's friends came over and left a mess." He walked down the stairs saying "Yea sure, holy fuck!"

It looked as though 5 tornadoes had come through here. We cleaned up the whole house. After we finished Caleb went to his girlfriends house and I chilled in my room with Jack.

"Hey Ash." "Mhm." I looked up from my phone turning it off. "Will you drive us to my cabin." "Yeah I will, why?" He looked into my eyes "I want to spend time with you alone." "Okay."
~•~•~•~•~•~
We drove to Jacks cabin and went to the living room. Turned in the TV finding a show we wanted to watch. "Hey Ashly." "Yeah." I looked from the screen to his face.

He placed his hand on my thigh "Do you want to have a end of school party? If you do my house, your house, or my cabin?" "Hmm sure, my house I want to show it off."

We went to the store later and got everything we needed. The end of school was in 2 days so shopping ahead was smart.