Just a Spark

- Kellin's P.O.V -

'I confess, I messed up. Dropping I'm sorry like you're still around...' Patrick Stump's voice filled my ears. I liked to imagine he was walking right beside me, making our way though the never ending halls together, because, that's not weird at all.

Vic was already standing by my locker when I got there, which was something I'd actually gotten used to these past couple of weeks. I mean, we usually met up here, Vic would crack a shitty joke, I'd tell him to shut up, then we'd both laugh and walk away to Art together. I approached him, expecting some snarky remark that never came. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looked like I did whenever a teacher placed an exam in front of me, "Are you okay?" I asked, staring at him with wide eyes.

His head snapped up at the sound of my voice, he scanned the hall slowly, seeming surprised by the ammount of people wandering around, "Uh, good. I've been good- how're you? Let's go to art!" his words were all over the place, though he managed to start walking off before I even got a chance to interrogate him.

I followed a long quickly, almost catching up to him before I was abruptly pulled to the side by none other than Tay. "Guess what I just saw!" she exclaimed, giving me the most excited look ever.

I turned to look for Vic, but he was already long gone, I sighed in frustration. "What did you just witness?" I asked, dully.

"Remember that guy from the party, Alex?" her grin never faltered, I nodded slowly, unsure of what she was even going to say, "He's totally gay!" she chuckled, seeming all too excited about a dude she hooked up with being gay...I gave her a look, my silent way of asking for her to continue, she did, eventually. "Alright, so I was taking a short cut to my next class, right? So like, when I went by the gym he and bara-" the more she spoke, the more excited she got.

"Jardine- Bostwick, get to class!" some teacher I've never seen before yelled.

Tay rolled her eyes, settling for a quick 'I'll explain later', before walking off into the opposite direction. I happened to zone out for a bit until I remembered where I was headed to before being rudely interrupted by Tay.

Amazing.

As soon as I stepped into the classroom, all eyes were on me. Well- all but Vic's, of course. Mr. Way just sighed, gesturing for me to take a seat. I took the time to think about how much I actually hated walking into class late. Everyone just stares at you as if you've got a brand new pack of gum stapled to your forehead.

-

I spent about forty minutes in class sitting in silence. Mostly just wondering why Vic would not spare me a second glance. Maybe I'd overstepped my boundaries by showing up at his place yesterday- he probably thinks I'm some crazy stalker now. I did the only thing I could to while sitting in a class full of other people- I sent him a note.

'Are you sure you're alrigt? You seem a bit spaced out' I wrote, folding the piece of paper neatly before sliding it over to him slowly.

Vic looked up at me with curious eyes, reaching over to the note nonetheless. Once he'd finished reading it, he went ahead and scribbled something down quickly, sending the paper back my way.

'Meet me behind the cafeteria before lunch' his messy handwritting read. I looked up at him, but he was too busy staring at the time. I'd contemplated asking him why, until I figured that I'd just have to find out later.

-

"Kellin, the lunchroom's this way," Tay mumbled, starting to drag me over towards the cafeteria, I wasn't budging, "C'mon!" she tried pulling on my arm harder.

I laughed, "Gym membership, huh?" she rolled her eyes, "I'll meet up with you in a few- I've gotta meet up with someone right now." I mumbled, trying to speak as quietly as possible, but no- she just had to hear me.

"That 'someone' doesn't happen to be a dude, does it?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I laughed, "Yeah, yeah." I stuck my tongue out at her, telling her bye, then walking away.

As soon as I'd reached the back of the cafeteria, I spotted those familiar brown locks I've had my eyes on for the past...while. Though, Vicutie Fuentes was looking the other way. "You wanted to see me?" I asked, thinking back and wondering if I'd worded that correctly,

'Isn't that what prostitutes ask their clients?'

I asked myself, feeling awfully conflicted over this. Like, what the fuck was I supposed to say!?

"Um, yeah...I just wanted to-" he spoke nervously.

Oh my god, what if he's about to resign our friendship? Or worse, tell me he's actually straight!

I had to mentally laugh at that last one- 'straight'.

"-And well, I'd came to the conclusion that this was what I needed to do," Vic finished off with a shaky voice. He took in my expression, letting out a deep sigh after doing so, "Did you hear any of that?" he asked, frustratedly. I pursed my lips, shaking my head slightly, "Guess I'll just have to show you then," he smiled.

I frowned, "Show me wha-" but I got cut off.

By Vic's lips on mine.

I don't mean to sound cliche, but there was definitely some sparks popping around in there.

-

- Vic's P.O.V -

I stopped kissing him as soon as humanly possible, unsure of how I should feel about kissing another boy. Especially since this boy's name was Kellin, and I was only using him.

That though itself should've been enough for me to just call this all off, but it wasn't- and I didn't. "Come on, let's head in before they start looking for us," I shot him a weary smile.

Kellin stared at me with rosy cheeks, his eyes blown wide in surprise, I'm pretty sure I spotted some adoration in them too. He shook his head, then nodded, grinning wildly at me.

I went ahead and started walking away, not even waiting to see if he was following behind me. This was so wrong.

"Whoa, how'd it go back there?" Tay was the first to speak up, giving us a mischievous look.

Kellin just got even more red than he was before, I let out a forced chuckle. "So, are you two a thing now, or..." Jaime spoke up, cutting off everyone else's laughter off. Giving me an expectant look.

"Uh, no." I stated simply, getting a bunch of protests from everyone else.

Jamie's eyebrows shot up, "Damn Vic, just make your move already!" he was being completely serious, but nobody else knew that.

*********

I'd finished this like two nights ago, but it deleted itself and I was really sad bc it was a lot better than this so, yeah.