Undesirable Offer

- Kellin's P.O.V -

"So, how've you been, son?" The man across the table asked.

I sighed, "It's been going great! Until you decided to show up," I gave him an enthusiastic smile.

He gave me an unimpressed look, "You never change, do you?" He smiled.

I shrugged, "You never give up, do you?" I gave him a cheeky smile.

He chuckled, despite the fact that I'd gone back to frowning, "Well, I didn't show up for nothing," he mumbled, "I actually came here to make an offer." he stated confidently.

Offer? Thats...new. He usually only drops by to ask how I've been doing, although it only happens about once every three months- he's early this time, "What could you possibly have to offer?" I asked with as much attitude as intended.

He grinned, "What would you say if I asked you to move in with me?" His tone was serious.

You've gotta be kidding with me.

I rested my head on the palm of my hand, "What makes you think I'd want to move in with you?" My tone was irritatingly flat.

"I didn't expect for you to agree so easily," he sighed, "Look, I've been transferred up to Michigan- I just thought it'd be a good way to start over, since you and I can't seem to get along well, besides it's a very beautiful house-" he started rambling.

I scoffed, "Why don't you just pop another sucker out, shouldn't be so difficult the fifth time, who are the other four brats anyway?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, a fond smile displayed on my lips.

He shifted uncomfortably, "You'd be really great as the head of the company-"

"I'm not interested in anything you have to offer me, Joe." I spoke monotonously.

A long silence fell over us, well it felt long...probably just my boredom speaking.

"...Dad," he murmured.

I took a long sip of my drink, "What?" I asked tiredly.

He let out a deep sigh, "You can call me dad, I don't think it's right to..." he trailed off, giving me a sad smile.

I pursed my lips, "No." I chuckled, "It's amazing how someone so idiotic can be so successful," by the last few words I was genuinely grinning.

His eyes seemed to transform back into their dull, lifeless color, "I still think we should-"

"Don't bother," I yawned, standing up, making sure to dust the back of my jeans off, "I'm tired- so, thanks for the food, Joe!" I waved at him while almost out of the semi-fancy restaurant.

He just kept his gaze on his hands.

I'd only gotten a few steps away from the restaurant, when- "You shouldn't talk to your old man like that," a voice rang by my ear.

I spun on my heel quickly, bracing myself for the worst, until I came face to face with, "Matty?" My eyes widened in shock.

...So I am being stalked!

Matty laughed, "I generally thought you were an ignorant asshole, who thought I'd be right?" He shot me a cocky smile.

"I- That was none of your business!" I clenched my fists, eyebrows narrowed in his direction.

It couldn't have been a coincidence that we ended up at the same place! What kind of sick joke is this!?

"You still think I'm a stalker, don't you?" He laughed, I just gave him a questioning look, "Well, I was in there first, so there is no way," he smiled over at me. "Oh, and about being an ignorant asshole, don't worry about it..."

I glared at him, "No need to-"

"You make it work." he patted my head.

What a weirdo.

****
There's a lot of dialogue going on in here, but I just thought I'd introduce Joe. (I just used a random name)