#35

Feeling generous sooooo two updates in a day! 💓

"Not one for curses but holy crap! Holy freaking crap!" I couldn't help but giggle on Crystal's reaction upon telling her all about the juicy stuffs in my life. It was long enough that we had never moved into where we are while the boys were with Andy for the promotional shoot. Crys and I stayed there at the seats after more while of letting her absorb everything at once. "Mikey said your relationship wasn't good—but not like that!" She contorted a sad face but I only giggled.

"See. We couldn't go back to normal again. Not after that, I guess." If it was for me though, there's no way. It's as if we did so many things that there's no way back up from that hole again.

"But there is, though." She quickly says and I waited for what she's about to say. Like lending an ear for more opinions. I didn't have much, boys are not too idealistic to ask in things like this. "Okay, think about this, Lace. You two love each other since god knows when! And you still do. And yes, maybe both of you did something really stupid. Maybe had some bad choices because you didn't wanna ruin the friendship you have. But then again, at the end of the day, yo gotta do what scares you. Because maybe then, it could work out like you wanted it to. It may be really scary to do so but that's what makes it worth it."

"Maybe it wouldn't work. Some things you found out were really hard to fix—but isn't the feeling of at least trying be rewarding than the nightmare of spending your whole life still figuring out if it does? No more what if's. You know how it would be. You tried. But that doesn't mean things can't go back to normal again. You can still be friends with the boys. Still be civil in front of him. I think that's much better than moping around my room and be stuck in the past. Living the what could've been. Hoping for what should have been. Right?"

"If I were you, Lace? I'd give it a damn try. There's nothing to lose anymore and I'd be proud of myself for trying." What she said made it seem like everything's possible. It was hard to hear, definitely nerve-wracking, but it was all the truth. I just have to have a little push for me to do what has to be done. But the ultimate fear is still there.

"How do you know if it's still right?"

"Lace. You've loved him for nine years. That's right enough for me, it should be for the both of you if you've managed to love each other that long."

"Thank you." I hugged her, "I needed that."

"Always got your back, boo." We pulled away and decided to go get something to eat for us and the boys. Running to the nearest restaurant which luckily was just a few steps from the pavillion and ordering buckets of chickens the boys would surely love on a good day. "I still ship you two, just so you know."

"Wow, she knows some fandom words." I say, grabbing the paperbag and hearing her laugh after. "I ship myself to this chicken, thank you very much!" Crystal only laughs at me while we tread back to the complex, keeping mostly our head down just in case some early birds began wandering about and successfully reaching the backstage where there's a big table just outside the wardrobe room.

"I'll go get them!" She volunteered and I nod, busying myself in getting all the paper plates and utensils ready. It was already lunch time and eating so little last night made it hard for me not to take my eyes out of the whole bucket of chicken. "Lunch is ready, boys! Come out. Now!" No one went against Crystal's orders when Mikey was the first one to go first (of course) followed by the rest of them all wearing their best clothes for later's performance. Calum was even wearing a high heeled boot which I would've admired so hard in if not for my grumbling stomach.

"Awe! Thank you, girls!" Ashton was the first one to dig in after hugging me sideways, Calum next who grinned at me like a child, and the one who looked at me with an unsure smile that for sure made me remember all the things Crystal said. And she made sure I do when my eyes darted at her and she raises both her brows. Unbelievable.