#31

It was so stupid of me to forget I had a reputation. This has been a long time coming. I'm surprised this just came out now. "Well, Ricky." It took me by surprise to see Luke talking, not anyone else, not even all at once. Just... Luke. "Lacey never left 5SOS. She just took a short break is all, after writing and producing. It's been an exhausting year and I assure everyone Lacey Davis is still our fifth-half." I didn't need to check social media to know it was already storming with tweets the way Luke defended me like that. Like he just took the liberty to answer a two-year question that's been looming in the air for a while now.

My eyes caught his and I smiled gratefully. He may have been the cause of why my heart is still covered in band-aids, but I sure was happy to be hearing those words from him.

The station interview was over after an hour and that led the boys to change into something comfy for the next interview at a noontime show. That only meant we have to take an early lunch just so that we could catch up to the show in time for their briefing. That led the boys to change only to shirts and sweatpants before we're out. It took me aback how much fans were waiting outside when I hadn't expected it. Like... culture shock. "Just like the old times." A hand went over my lower back and it almost made me froze to the ground. Thank god the bodyguards stopped to make way for them to be with fans because I didn't think I could walk after that. After what he just did, and leaving to take a picture with a fan afterward.

"Lacey!" I shot out of a daze when my name got called and it took me a second to realize it's coming from my back. I turned and saw Michael taking a picture with fans beside the girl who just did. "Hi! Lacey! Oh my god, we've missed you!" The girl lifted up her hoodie and much to my chagrin, her shirt has a print of my cartoon face that the band made for me on my birthday, and had been an unofficial merch for many.

"Woah, that is—sick!" I was speechless. I didn't think there would be people out there who wanted my ugly face printed on their shirt. "Thank you." I reached in to give her a hug and my heart warmed so much. I couldn't believe I have fans—I couldn't freaking believe it was possible even after many years of it.

"Are we gonna see some LaCey content now?!" The girl younger than the one I gave a hug asked, and I didn't know what to say.

"Maybe." Superman came to save the day once again. The girls started screaming more when he did so I took it as a cue to leave.

"Lacey! Come back! Let's take a picture!" I pursed my lip and heave a sigh before turning back with a smile on my face. I'd rather take a thousand picture than to be near Luke right now. "Please do the pose!" Luke and I stared at each other dumbfoundedly, not knowing whether this was a joke or not. But when the other fans insisted—then consider me dead inside.

The fan wanted us to do the pose Luke, Calum and I have made years ago when he still had that damn lip ring. I didn't think it was best to that though because I knew the fans were messing with us. They wanted Luke and me to have a thing ever since god knows when and they thought by doing this, they could have their content. But nope, no way in hell. I am not gonna kiss Luke's cheek while pulling Calum's (or this time the girl's) cheek on my other hand. The only ever reason I did that--and that got posted on social media was because we're too drunk to even think about it otherwise. "Uh, yeah..." My voice trailed but then, it was really just mere luck Luke is being... Luke right now.

"Awe, we can't. But I can take a picture with you." He sure did melt the girl right there when he did the honor of holding the camera and pushing his cheek on her head like a sweet couple picture. I took that as the final real cue to leave and went over to Calum who's now making his way towards the car with Ashton.

"I am not used to this anymore. That, I'm sure of." My voice bellowed inside the car while the adrenaline of being surrounded by squealing fans was over the top. An experience I regret even forgetting. It was lengthy, exhausting, but somehow very fulfilling to bond with them. It amuses me to realize that the boys always do this and had enough energy to do so. I feel so proud.

We then made our way towards a restaurant with no fans surrounding it, an exclusive entrance and a very luxurious menu. I hesitated ordering for the mere reason one meal could feed me five times while being on my budget, and that's saying something. "Hey, Ash? Are we also paying for water too? How much is it?" I mumbled lowly to Ash beside me who's reading the menu, he gave me a look as if he's confused but realized soon where my dilemma came from when he laugh.

"Lacey, go order something to eat. It's the restaurant's treat." He taps my shoulder as to assure me but that still didn't stop me from ordering a garden salad even if my stomach growled in disagree.

"We gotta try the steaks! I heard it's the best!" Andy says beside me which made me more even furious why I had to be so shy and made the growling on my stomach ten times louder. "What'd you get, Lace?" He then continued to ask which caught me so freakin' offguard.

"Salad?" The boys darted their eyes on me the second I said those words making me cower down. "I'm actually on my diet." The squinting of their eyes made it so obvious that they absolutely know me well enough to think that I even thought about diet. I'm in good shape and there's no way for me to do so.

"I got her the steak." My eyes perked at the voice across from me. "I knew she wouldn't get anything..." Luke seemed to notice the eyes going back and forth, the reason her voice fell low.

"Ohhh. Luke got you a steak..." I wanted to throw the fork to Calum who muttered it playfully but went against it. I didn't think I could move after that.

Why in god's name does this creature know me so well? Why does Luke gotta be Luke right now? "Good thing we have Luke around for you, huh?" Mikey suggested and I quit.

I'm quitting the band. For real this time. Kidding.

"Lukey my boy. 1. Sad emo girl. 0." Fuck this.