#9

"We'll make today, a good day!"

The first words I heard when Ashton crashed into my sofa and yelled it at the top of his lungs as if it's not six in the morning and I only had three hours of sleep for attempting to create a tune on the piano. Some could say that I'm trying to make the process of creating this fast, but I'm not in the position to deny it. I'm already set on my course of leaving the band and pursuing something—just something away from what kills me every morning I wake up.

"Remind me not to give you spare keys anymore." I yawned while I head straight to the kitchen to make myself a damn coffee. Ashton sat by the counter across from me with a knowing smile written all over his face. "What is it again?"

"I heard there's a new amusement park just two hours away from here, and I really wanted to go." He pouted like a child and he even let his dimples show, but I could only shake my head.

"You do know we have songs to write, right?" I turned and he wailed like an annoying child.

"I wanted to drop by! It seemed really cool and we could stay there all day long." I stopped stirring on my mug when I heard him say those words and I turned, leaning on the counter with a raised brow.

"If this is about Luke and Cassie going over the studio later, I couldn't care less. I'll be there to write and there's no need for you to take me somewhere far just so I could avoid them, Ash." I hit the jackpot with it and saw guilt on Ashton's face, his plan failing altogether. "I appreciate the effort but it's been a year, guys. Luke and I are perfectly okay as whatever it is that we are now." It seemed unknown to me, still, but whatever we have now? That's it. That's all we'll ever have and I have no intentions whatsoever of hoping for something more.

He already hurt me once, who's to say he's not gonna do it again?

To make amends with trying to steer me away from the awaiting couple, Ashton decided to drive me to the studio and even go beyond ordering three quesadillas on the way. He says it's only strictly for Lacey Davis and anyone who attempts a taste would get it from him.

"You don't have to be at the studio, Lace." He tried, one last time but I'm too into my courage and I wanted to prove to myself that I'm not the Lacey that I used to be. No more weak for shit Lacey. She's a strong girl, and she never backs down. Besides, it's not like Cassie would try and talk to me. She's too humiliated for betraying her best friend to do so.

"I'm part of the band, Ash. We're all in this together." Not in the near future though.

He lazily drapes his hands around my shoulders while we walk through the lobby, waving at the receptionist and heading straight to our recording studio where Calum and Mikey are already setting up some instruments. They looked like they've seen a ghost when they saw me biting on a quesadilla with Ash, even going about giving subtle look that I'm able to get on. "Ashton's plan didn't work and knowing all you three, you don't have a back up plan so you're stuck with me." I pointed to myself, hogging the whole couch while enjoying my food. Mikey went over to where I am, getting down on his knees with the look I'm used to seeing.

One where they feel... bad for me. "Are you sure?"

"Mikey my man, I'm born sure." I pinched his cheeks and he taps my arm, giving me the kind smile I always like seeing from Michael.

"That's our girl!" He kissed the top of my head while they set up the guitars, with Ashton sitting by the foot of the sofa and leaning there while trying his best to create beats.

"Hey, I have one, Cal." I called, pulling the notebook from my bag and throwing it at his direction which he's able to catch swiftly. "Those are only piano keys and I didn't know how bass boy does it." He rolled his eyes as he went over to the piano, setting the notebook ahead and reading through it for a while before his hands positioned on the keys and—started playing it.