#28

April, 2018

"Are you sure you want that, Lacey?" Oliver asked for the millionth time and I turned, nodding my head with a sigh. "Three pending A-listers are waiting for your masterpiece, do you really wanna leave with that large of a chance of--getting at the top of the chain?"

I tucked in my boots and turned, looking at him with the most grateful smile I could pull up. "I didn't... intend to be at the top of the chain, Oliver. I knew I wanted a better life, something I could offer the world other than music. But--I can't do it. I can't do anything without my band." Thinking about leaving for more second had made my stomach turn upside down. I knew I needed to leave, but then? I only thought about myself and the short time of relief it could offer me. I never thought about losing more than Luke, I could never lose three of my other best friend who was there for me, and believed in me.

"Lacey, come on. I could offer you a raise!" Going back is what I need, not anything else.

"No offer could ever change my mind, Oliver. Thank you so much for giving me the pleasure of working for different celebrities, but I gotta go home." Home, sounds good hearing that from my mouth once again. "I gotta go."

"Stop hogging Lacey, Oliver! I want to say goodbye, too!" Kira, who the only one had the guts to do and say that to Oliver (because they're exclusively dating) shoved him away from me and attack me with a hug, tighter than I expected it almost caused me to struggle to breathe. "I'm really gonna miss you." The only really good friend I've managed to have, and a girl at that. I'm proud of myself, but sorely sad that I had to leave her.

"I'm gonna miss you, too. I promise I'll visit whenever I can." A promise I intend to keep. But thinking of telling the boys I finally made a friend, and a girl, again? I won't hear the end of it.

"And reconsider the offer!" Oliver tried to push as he stood behind, Kira giving him a once over before he raised both his hands and turned his back. I laugh at how he just seemed to cower down when it comes to Kira, but then again, technically? He's our boss.

"I'm so proud of what you're gonna do, Lace." I shrugged.

"Not yet. I haven't done it yet." Not that I'm having second thoughts but then again, would I have the courage to face them as soon as I go home?

"But I trust you will." She tugged both my shoulders into another hug, this time much gentle and I savored it before hearing that the plan is gonna take off, and I'm finally... finally heading home. "Don't forget, Lacey. Family first."

"Family first."

The minute I landed Australia, I hailed a cab to go home. Home to where I used to tell the boys why they haven't left the comfort of my small studio type room and stayed at their living room twice the size of the room I had. I just had to say it because they never really tidy up on their own, but having them there felt complete. Without any of their things scattered around? It felt empty.

I managed to hoists myself out of the cab before I reach unthinkable sum of money for staying there for so long just because I'm having cold feet. I stared down at the doorstep of my apartment yet can't fully pull my shit together in going back. The excitement died down and the dreading fact of whether they'll accept me or not is continuing to creep up on my back.

"One more minute of gawking won't open the door for you, Lacey." I immediately turned and saw Calum walking towards the building. I was ready to say something but got tongue tied for some reason--and only saw him carry my suitcase right after snatching it out of my hands. "It's freezing, Lacey." He had his white bonnet on, a glass right at his eyes and his outfit... Everything about it shouts that they're already back in business.