#5

"You're certainly an angel today."

Calum only smirked as we sat right across each other, a menu filled with expensive choices on our hand, and a waitress patiently waiting—while eye fucking my best friend whenever she had the chance to. The only downside with that is my best friend is one of the most oblivious person I've met in all my existence and she'd had way more chance if she told him right away that she wants a piece of what's under the hood.

Get it.

"Found anything you want?" Calum asking me that meant only that he already had an order in his mind—and that he's just being a fine gentleman like he always was—well, not always. But there are times.

"I'll take the special, please." I handed her the menu as he tells her his order, still oblivious by the glances the girl is giving him. I'd have to kick him in the knee just for him to notice how even after she's done taking our orders, she still walks backwards as if she's hoping for something more towards my ever so fucking clueless friend. "And you still wonder why you had no girlfriend since year eight."

He scoffs. "It's not in my best interest at the moment, and besides, I have Duke." He says, pertaining to his dog that I love more than him—kidding.

"Not in your best interest? Really?" He shrugs. "Come on, Cal. Mikey has Crystal and she's a charmer. Ashton is probably out there hooking up with every single Aussie in the High Pitch bar, Luke has—you know, and you. What about you?" He seemed to notice how my voice faltered when it came to Luke and luckily, forget about it just as fast when he raises his brow rather playfully.

"What about you?" He says, previously copying my tone and I only rolled my eyes. "You only go out on dates, and 90% of the guys you attempt to date were bunch of prissy little college boys." I remember the silly excuse I made when I finalized that the ever so clueless love of my life or best friend was never really going to date me, that I was going out college boys which I never really did.

"Well, excuse me, Mr. Calum Hood. Who am I supposed to date? Their dads?" That might not be such a bad idea though, but I know I still have a lot to look forward to and I might push dating daddies far down to Plan Z.

"Very disgusting." He threw a crumpled tissue and I successfully ducked it. "I don't plan on dating any time sooner because these days? Love can really be shallow." He mumbled almost inaudibly and I snorted.

"You got that right." I knew about the boys' dilemma when it comes to dating. That majority of the girls only loved the attention it brought when they date a rock star. The reputation, the perks of having to brag about dating someone famous and hot. The very reason why the rest of the boys don't believe in such thing-aside from Mikey. He's a soft boy for starters and he deserves Crystal so much. I met the girl quite a few times and I always looked forward on hanging out with her.

About Luke? Well, I guess he's pretty happy too. I guess.

"Lacey?" He called and I hum, not noticing that I spaced out a bit on that one. "You do know we knew all about it, right?" I opened my mouth to ask him but closes it all of a sudden when I saw the way he looked at me. "We knew."

Flashback.

"Hey, have you seen Luke?"

The loud blaring sound almost took over the whole house—and even the whole neighborhood. It's one of the boys' song and they were all singing it out loud, and slurry. Ashton, the one who don't get drunk too easily turned to me as he shrugs. "Last I saw him was by the pool." I nod, snatching the bottle of beer on his hands as he muttered few colorful curses and me, kissing his cheek as thank you.