epilogue.

luke

we all waited at the living room for sydney to get out of the bathroom.

"guys."

we all stood up. harriet was fiddling with her fingers.

"s-so.. how was the test?" i asked nervously.

"it's.." she paused. she showed to us and we all gasped. harriet covered her mouth.

"but.. how?" calum asked.

she looked down and then back to us.

"holy shit. michael and i.. we.. last week. he.. he might have not used protection!" she said. she cried.

i held her as she got down on her knees. i hugged her tightly.

"i don't want this baby to have.. to have a coward and weak mother." she sobbed. i pulled away and looked at her. i cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"you're not coward okay? and you're not fucking weak. look at me syd, look at me." i said.

she looked into my eyes.

"you are strong. you have to stay strong for this baby okay?" i said.

she nodded. i hugged her tightly.

***

sydney

i chased the little boy who was running and laughing.

"come catch me mum and dad!" he said, his laugh made my heart flutter.

luke caught him and lifted him up.

his name is robert gordon hemmings, we call him robbie, he's five years old.

i named him after his real father, and the guy who took over the responsibility of being his father.

i never asked luke to do it, but eventually he did. and i was beyond thankful for everything he did for me.

i looked at the little boy luke was playing with. he got majority of his features from michael, oh how he reminds me so much of him.

his blonde hair, those green eyes, his quirky attitude and the way he smiles.

the three of us; calum, luke and i, were supporting each other through it all, we help each other since the traumatic experience.

i would get nightmares at night, but luke would always be there to comfort me.

i looked at the ring that was on my fingers. i smiled at the memory of the day when luke asked me to be his wife.

yes, i eventually learned to love luke, but michael will always be in my heart, and i'll always remember him.

"hey you." i hear luke say. i looked at him and he sat down beside me.

he smiled and leaned forward to kiss me.

my heart fluttered.

"ewww, mummy and daddy! stop!"

we both pulled away. i chuckled and held on robbie's little hands.

i smiled and kissed his forehead.

"mum, dad, let's play?" he asked.

"sure, what game do you wanna play robbie?" i asked.

"hide and seek!"

~ ;

the end