Chapter One.

Chapter One.

''He's supposedly looking for a girl to star in his next music video,'' Autumn sighs. ''I wish he was doing auditions.''

The 'he' my best friend is talking about is Ed Sheeran, our idol.

''I wonder what type of girl he's looking for...'' Autumn muses, while turning her head to look at my pained face. She goes on a bit too much sometimes.

''Are you okay, Mi?'' she asks me, leaning over the sofa towards me.

I chuckle softly and nod. ''I'm fine. I think I need some coffee, but I need to buy some.''

''Oh. Well, I'd get you some but I've got a job interview I can't miss.'' Autumn replies, wringing her hands.

''It's okay. I guess I'd better take a stroll down to Starbucks then.''

I stand up, flicking the TV off in the process, and go into my room while Autumn waits in the hallway.

''Get a jacket, it's chilly out there.'' Autumn calls to me. I take a brown jacket from off the hook behind the door in my room and pull it on, pocketing my phone and some money as well.

Autumn and I leave my apartment in silence and walk down the street to where she parked her car.

The cold wind biting at me makes my hair go all over the place and also makes me wish I'd brought a hat with me.

''Fatima, I've got a brown hat in my car if you want it.'' Autumn glances at me struggling to keep my hair under control.

''Autumn, can you read minds?'' I grin.

''Um... no... why?''

'''Cause I was just thinking about a hat.''

Autumn laughs, jingling her car keys in her pocket.

When we reach her car, a black Fiat, she unlocks it and reaches in, then comes out with the brown knit hat she said she had.

I pull it down over my dark, wild hair and smile at Autumn gratefully.

''You can come round after and you can have it back then.'' I tell her as she climbs into the car.

Autumn shrugs. ''Okay. Do you want a ride?''

''No thanks, I'll walk.''

''Mind you don't bump into Ed Sheeran on the way,'' she winks at me. ''I heard he was in the neighbourhood.''

Then she turns the engine on, and with a wave, drives off, leaving me on the road shaking my head after her.

''Yeah, was.'' I mutter to myself.

As I walk down the street in the direction of Starbucks, I'm thinking about what she said.

Mind you don't bump into Ed Sheeran on the way.

''Pfft. I wish.''

I'd love to meet Ed Sheeran. He's one of my idols. I play his songs at the bar, where I work. I'm the one who plays the guitar and sings for the customers.

Throughout the morning, I work shifts waitressing – that's only on Mondays and Tuesdays though – and every night, I'm the music.

Ed Sheeran is all I play, really.

I walk down the street and spot Starbucks. I start running to get out of the cold and into Starbucks.

I enter the café and sigh.

My mom never disguised her disgust or her worrying about me when it came to my job.

She never wanted me to move out before reaching the age of eighteen.

She never wanted me to have a job that had to do with music.

But it's not about what she wants any more.

It's about what I want.

And I want this, my life, my job, my friends.

This is what I want.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Hi guys! So this is my Ed Sheeran Short Story. The chapters are going to be quite short, just fyi. Sorry.

The main character is based on my good friend, Fatima. This is your surprise, Mimi!

Autumn is based on Autumn or myheartsmistake!

Not much else to say really...

Just that I hope you guys like it :)

Amber x