CHAPTER NINETEEN

So easily, with harsh words
You put scars in my heart
Without even saying sorry
Again, I'm comforting myself
Always nervous if you're gonna leave me
I just want you to stay
In your expressionless face that's getting more and more dull
I whisper to the mirror, let's slowly let this go
You take me for granted
But that's you
But still, stay stay stay with me

I said I wanted you to stay but you're always leavin'
Never tell me where, never tell me what's the reason
When you're gone I can't tell if my heart's even beatin'
Sometimes I think it's just for you that I live and breathe in

So stay, I know you gotta be tired
When the night gets dark lemme be your fire
In the world full of lies, my only truth is you
Here's a letter from me to you

JENNIE'S P.O.V.

"Are you still mad at me for agreeing to take this project?" Lisa quizzed through muted tones; her lips pursed making her look cute. I kept my bland face and stared straight at her.

I turned my back against her and amble towards the tent to take a rest, leaving the ball of sunshine under the sun as she heaved a deep sigh that was too audible for my ears. I don't really know the purpose of her doing this when we literally had a fight about these just four days ago.

I am not a child who fucking needs a babysitter all the time. I managed to be all by myself for years and she's acting like I can't do anything without her helping me.

Don't get me wrong, I really think it was so sweet of her to do such things for me but I can perfectly function without her being with me all the damn time. I just can't depend on her every time I have the chance, I still have to stand on my own and I'm sure as hell she has other priorities other than me.

Why is she still even trying anyways?

I was cut off my trance when I heard a miniscule tread nearing me. I rolled my eyes knowing who probably that person was; Lisa.

"Jennie..." She called out in a soft manner but I didn't budge. I stayed on my spot with my back facing her and my arms crossed in annoyance.

"Jen." She tried for the second round, this time slowly grabbing my waist; I jerked her hands off my body.

I heard her cuss and muttered inaudible stuffs to herself while huffing on her own breath, "Are you cussing at me?" I finally spoke not turning to face her.

"What?! No! Of course not!" She protested in a defensive way and I bobbed my head up and down in response.

"Are you really going to ignore me for the rest of the day just because I agreed to this?" She quizzed; stress lacing through her voice. I nodded.

"Geez." She scoffed as she let out a loud groan before slowly snaking her arms around my waist. I was a bit taken back at the her sudden move but the next thing I knew is my back pressed against her tall frame as she back hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry. I just really want to take this project so I could take breathtaking photos of you." She cooed as she apologized for her deed. Lisa nuzzled her face on the crook of my neck making my nerves to calm down.

"I really want you to be my main subject, Jen. I don't mind getting my camera's memory full as long as it is filled with mesmerizing photos of you..." She heaved a deep sigh before hiding her face on my neck; my breath hitches feeling her breathing against my skin that had caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"You are my muse." She mumbled through my neck simultaneously gripping her arms around my waist a little tighter.

This has been my favorite place since she came.