8: Scared

Unedited but satisfying, hopefully (IA) pls vote and comment and follow if you like it because it really encourages me to write.

Eid Mubarak to all the Muslims out there :) 

Happy reading!

8: Scared

Farrah doesn’t know why she feels so sleepy. It has been two days since that night and she still feels dreary and worn out. She has no idea why, though. She has practically done nothing but sleep the previous days. So much so that her brother has started worrying about her condition. Even her friend, Eiman, who doesn’t talk to her too much, has noticed the sudden shift in Farrah’s routine.

“All you do is sleep,” She complains.

Farrah shrugs, “I don’t know why.”

“Be careful, though,” Diane warns, “Hazel Grace Lancaster used to sleep a lot too.”

“Stop ruining everyone’s mood, Diane,” Farhanna snaps, obviously disgruntled by the fact that cancer can be a possibility.

But then, Diane has always been a party-pooper. She has a habit of ruining the mood and drawing out the worst possible conclusion ever. And anyways, Farrah is pretty sure that it isn’t cancer that instills in her a desire to sleep. After all, there are no other symptoms (Thank God) which might lead her to worry about her health.

In fact, she is completely normal. She feels sleepy, yes and consequently, lazy and tired but that doesn’t mean that she is sick. She can walk perfectly fine and she doesn’t seem to have any pain in other parts of the body.

It is not only her friends who are worried about her sleeping pattern, though. The neighbor’s children (five year old twins) keep complaining that she has started sleeping too much and has been dedicating too less time to them.

“We’ll check with a doctor,” Her mother had promised her when Zayd had told her about Farrah’s unusual sleeping habits. She had even made an appointment with a doctor but then, the doctor moved away to London and left them to deal with the situation on their own.

“I’ll make another appointment,” Her mother says as soon as Farrah steps in to her house, dumping her school bag on the dining table.

“You don’t need to, Mother,” She says. “It’s only been two days.”             

“Two days are a lot!”

“Only if you are going to school,” Farrah mutters.

“Now is not the time to joke, Farrah. Have you seen yourself? You look like a ghost –“

“Mother,” Farrah interrupts, “Calm down. Just wait for a few more days. It will be fine, okay?”

“But –“

“You should be worrying about the burning milk right now,” She points out.

Her mother sets off running. Farrah chuckles to herself; there is no burning milk. Shaking her head, she ventures up to her room and in to her bathroom to take in her appearance.

What she sees scares her. Not because her hair is flying in every direction or because there’s a spot of ink on her cheek, but because of her eyes that look so tired and sad that Farrah wonders if she really is sick or perhaps, just grieving over God knows what.

.

Emma Walters is actually disappointed when the excitement of the Fright brothers’ fight finally dies down. It only goes about for a week before every one forgets it and moves on to another famous break up of another famous couple that Emma doesn’t even know about. Or cares about, for that matter.