2: Wish

Thank you for all the support, loves. 

Farrah Adams looks up when she hears a car honk noisily; turning in to the street she has currently been wandering. Desperately, she waves her hand and the driver, thankfully, notices her, skidding to a halt. 

The driver rolls up the window and she comes face to face with Abraham Rayyan, one of the football team guys. He's just a substitute but part of the team, all the same. 

"Assalam'u'Alaykum," He says politely, when he notices Farrah's headscarf. "How may I help you?" 

"Walaikum'Assalam," She replies, wrapping the end of her headscarf on her finger nervously. "I am kinda lost here and my battery is dead. Can I please, please make a call at home? If you have a mobile or something?" 

She hopes that the waver in her voice doesn't show. She doesn't want him to know that she has been crying for hours, wishing that she'd find the way home.  

But she has always been lost in the clutter of people, just another, unnoticed, wandering soul in the world, trying to find the right path to walk on. 

Abraham nods slowly and tugs out his mobile from his pockets, handing it to Farrah with a polite smile. Too stressed to return it, she simply taps her mother's number on the phone and waits for her to pick up.

She cringes when she hears her mother pick it up. She is scared of her mother's reaction and she just knows that in the end, it will be all her fault, rather than her brother's who refused to drop her to the club. 

She wishes it to be differently so but dreams, in her opinion, are the most unrealistic things in the world. 

"Salam," Her mother says.                                               

"Walaikum'Assalam, mother," Farrah says shakily. "I am lost -"

"Where the hell have you been?! Do you know how much time I have wasted, pacing, and then, hiring a search party because you couldn't be bothered to pick up your phone? In fact, you turned it off," Her mother shouts angrily. 

She wants to tell her mother that she didn't have to worry about her since it has lost her "precious time" but she doesn't have the courage or confidence to do so. As she holds her phone to her ear, with her mother waiting for her to reply, she wishes she was brave enough to open her mouth and tell her something. 

"Never mind," Her mother says hastily when she realizes that Farrah isn't going to answer. "Where are you?" 

"I, uh, don't know." 

"It's Red Street, Block 4," Abraham intervenes.

Thankfully, Farrah repeats the address and her mother hangs up with the promise of coming over right away. She hands the phone back to Abraham and he takes it and drives away even though she wishes that he would have stayed because she has never liked being all by herself in the dark. 

.

Emma Walters has never been so angry in her whole life. She can't believe that her homework, which she had spent three hours on, had not been graded because she had been just a little late to class. 

She is practically stomping in the hallways, seething so hard that everyone has started looking at her peculiarly. She doesn't care, though - she's too outraged to care about the other sacks of blood in the hallways. 

Fuming, she opens her locker and drops her book in it with a huge thump - but bad luck has always been with her and maybe that's why her books slide down on to the floor, inducing the laughter of all those around her.