28: Guilt

Guys, I just reached 250 followers (finally!) and this is my reward for you guys. So thank you to all my supporters and all of those who've stuck by me till this moment. I've seen a lot of authors struggle with readers who pressurize them in to updating so I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for this tremendous support. I seriously couldn't have made it till here without you <3

And now, the plot twist, in chapter 25  (Emma's part) that no one seemed to get (was it that inconspicuous?) Okay, so do you remember how Emma followed Callum, Max and Abraham and when she was caught by Abraham she said she was "writing an essay on ugly people"? Well, she wasn't following them for Callum but for Max. And yes, this means that she had a teensy weensy crush on Max in her childhood. This will further be emphasized in my pre-Potato-Nation book - those ugly hearts - (check it out, I posted the first chapter a few days ago) but there you go. It isn't much but I thought I'd add a little twist to the otherwise whiny book. 

Secondly, I apologize for the poor quality of this chapter. It's rusty and it's a filler but it paves way for the story, ahead which will be far more interesting. The chapter is small but I guess that's okay (it sucks anyway) and I'm a little proud of the fact that I updated just after sixteen days!

Don't ignore this little note: DO NOT - AND I REPEAT - DO NOT SHOWER HATE ON CALLUM. He's simply human, who's been raised the wrong way and he's been told he's a monster all his life. He is just acting the way he's expected to. He isn't some pure soul or anything - he makes mistakes too. I don't want this chapter to change your perceptions about him. Please do acknowledge his self-control too. And while we're at it, his part might get too intense for your liking so there's that. 

I'll also be doing a small FAQ at the end of the book so go ahead and ask me questions about my writing, about myself and about my characters! I've wanted to do this for so long so help me, haha? 

And last but not the least (sorry to keep you waiting), keep supporting and leave your feedback! Tell me my weak points and my strong ones - it's all of you that keep me writing .

Dedicated to hepburned for her immense support. Thank you, lovely <3

U N E D I T E D & R U S T Y

28: Guilt

Farrah strains her ears to listen to the commencing conversation between her parents, heart sinking as she realizes that now, her whole family will know about her insipid lies. There's no hope - her mother does not know how to keep her mouth shut. Only a few, mere minutes and her reputation within the house will be stained too, like ebony on white cloth.

She closes her eyes.

Maybe if she imagines she's someone else, it'll get easier. In her mind, she draws out images of the girl whose sister really did die. Even in her stupid fantasy, that girl is her and if that doesn't indicate how fucked up she really is then she doesn't know what else does.

Her potato nation's group's faces flash in her mind. She deludes herself in to believing that all the pity was real, that she really did deserve it. She imagines the group talking when she is not around..."She didn't deserve it"..."Deaths are real hard to get over. They squeeze everything out of you"...and as she does, she feels another ocean of culpability drown her in its giant waves. If death is really hard to get over - it definitely isn't a joke - then why the hell did she fake it?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. In fact, stupid is too small a word for her...she hadn't just been stupid, in the past few months, she had become a lying bitch, claiming false things to support the initial lie that she'd sputtered.