Chapter 26 - The Depths of Love (Part II)

*Bianca

‘No Kadeem, please stop’ I begged, watching his face crumple slightly. He looked away from me shaking his head and sighing and I felt my heart speed up slightly. I didn’t want to do this – we were friends, best friends, I didn’t want any of that to change, I wanted it all to stay the same.

‘Why won’t you let me say it?’ he asked,

‘Because’ I began, sitting down around my table, ‘If you say it, it changes things Kadeem’

‘No it won’t’

‘Yes it will’ I snapped looking up at him. We both looked at each other in silence before Kadeem sighed and sat down opposite me at the table,

‘Things have already changed Bubbles’

‘Exactly’

‘I thought it would be best if I said it before you left’

‘Why? What good could that possibly do?’ Kadeem shrugged his shoulders before letting them sag as he watched his hands on his lap. I felt my irritation and annoyance for his sudden confession bubble down and recede as I watched him; I could only imagine how hard it was for him to tell me and how even more devastating it was to hear me flat out ignore whatever he had to say. Maybe it was for the best for him to let out everything he wanted to say before I left – I would be gone for 3 years.

‘Okay’ I said running my fingers through my hair, looking around aimlessly before looking at him, ‘what’s on your mind?’

‘You want to know?’

‘Mmhmm’ I murmured biting gently on my bottom lip,

‘Everything?’ he continued to quiz, I nodded again and saw him let out a deep breath before sitting up,

‘Cool’ he said, making me suddenly feel on edge.

*Reece

‘I don’t know what you want me to say Stephanie’

‘Please’ she begged, tears falling recklessly down her face, her breathing hitched as she watched me with watery eyes.

‘Please what? You know how I feel about Bianca’

‘And you know how I feel about my brother!’ she screamed, causing me to jump slightly, startled by her sudden outburst. I felt my eyebrows furrow out of irritation.

‘I am so deeply in love with someone who doesn’t give a shit about me or the people I care about’ she muttered, shaking her head as a small smile came on her face, ‘do you know how sick that is? Too love someone who just doesn’t give a shit’

‘I never told you to fall in love with me man’

‘Oh and Bianca told you to fall in love with her yes?’ she spat back sarcastically,

‘Yes actually’

‘Oh please’ she scoffed, shaking her head.

‘What? You don’t believe me?’ I said looking at her through squinted eyes.  She looked at me for a while before looking away shaking her head in disbelief, ‘believe it or not she did – not directly and not so much verbally but she did. It was the things like the way she cares for not just me but my family; the way she cares for others, even when they’ve done her wrong. Her wittiness, her humour, her selflessness, the way she walks, talks, smiles, the way she fucking breathes, everything! Bianca told me to fall in love with her by the way her soul connects with mine. How she changed me as a person is what told me to fall in love with her, the way she shaped me and watched me grow is what told me to fall in love with her. Trust me, I didn’t plan to love Bianca the way I do, but she made me, and I’m not about to throw away that sentiment by just saying it randomly to a girl I don’t love’