Chapter 4 || Just The Two of Us, Together

Rin was walking on the streets around the village, thinking deeply. She was thinking about Hanare. She wondered if she was okay there? Would the Hokage let her stay? Will Kakashi start to trust her? She was worried about her. She just became her friend and she didn't really want to lose her.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she hasn't even noticed Obito calling her.

"Hey Rin haven't you heard me calling you?" Obito came running to her, breathing heavily and just a little bit annoyed.

"Oh Obito sorry I haven't heard you. Are you ok?"

"Yeah don't worry. You look like you were thinking about something."

"Yeah. You're right. I'm just worried about her."

"Hanare?" He asked her. They walked together, talking but Rin looked stressed.

"Rin, something is bothering you. What is it?" Obito asked. His hands behind his head.

"I'm just worried that Lady Tsunade won't accept her in our village and I'm worried about Kakashi."

Again, he thought. She is thinking about Kakashi (as always). Can't she just forget him for a minute at least? Why doesn't she pay any attention to me? What does she find in Kakashi that I don't have? Well a mask but what so particularly? Will she ever forget him? At least for a minute? Obito became a bit angry and said

"Why do you have to worry about Kakashi! There's nothing to worry about him! I'm mean I'm sure they will accept Hanare and we'll be all together!" He shouted a bit.

Rin was a bit surprised at his sudden tone but she said nothing. She just looked at Obito confused. He immediately regretted it and said "Sorry I didn't mean to snap at you so suddenly" his hand was behind his head and he felt guilty about it. Rin just smiled and said "Don't worry it's ok. I just wish they let her stay with us and I'm worrying that Kakashi will make Tsunade sama believe that she is a threat to Konoha." She looked down and felt sad.

Obito smiled widely and said out loud "Don't worry about it. I'm sure as hell that Tsunade sama will accept her! And if she won't then I'll come to her office and will make her stay with us! I promise you that!" He held up his hand, thumb up. Rin looked at him, stunned and after a moment she just smiled at him warmly and thanked him "Thank you for your comfort Obito"

Obito was sure, his heart stopped when he saw that beautiful smile of hers. He just froze there and Rin stopped smiling and they just stared at each other. No one moved. Obito looked at her lips and imagined them on his. Ohh these perfect and soft lips ... But suddenly he remembered that Rin loved Kakashi and that she saw him as her friend. He felt a little painful and that brought him to the reality. Rin was still looking at him but the Uchiha broke the eye contact and turned to continue their walk. Rin was a bit surprised but then she just followed him in silence. Obito was walking with his hands behind his head and Rin with her hands clasping together. Not understanding what happened.

Obito broke the silence "So what are your plans for today?" He asked her hoping to somehow make them forget about what happened. Rin came back from her thoughts and said "Well I don't know yet. If I'll be needed I'll go to the hospital to help some nurses. After I'll go to the store to get what I need for the dinner." Obito thought about dinner and wanted her to go out with him but he feared that she'll say no so he just said "Hey let's go get some dango after your work huh?" His hand scratched the back of his head in nervousness, he smiled at her shyly, his face started to blush. Rin just stared at him and because of that he regretted it because Oh shit now she will say no and instead will go with this Bakashi! "Yeah sure!" She smiled at him and Obito was stunned at her answer "What? Really?!" Rin let out a small giggle that made Obito heart melt "Of course! Meet me at 19:00?" "Yes of course!"