9.

"I like you, love you even." Naruto said and there was silence, and then he groaned. Looking at his reflection in the mirror, he wasn't sure if he could tell Shikamaru he loved him. They were graduating today, and he made a deal with Sasuke to tell Shikamaru today. He didn't know why he agreed to such a thing but he did.

"I don't know if I can do this." Naruto whispered and there was a knock on the bathroom door, it was Shikamaru. Naruto had been in that bathroom for almost an hour and it was time to take the test soon.

"Naruto are you okay, Mom and Minato are worried." Naruto opened the door and looked at Shikamaru.

He loved this man, Shikamaru was always there for him, he never left him for a second and made sure he was okay, and even held him when he had a nightmare. Naruto didn't say anything and fell into Shikamaru's arms. Shikamaru held him back in more of a romantic hold, running a hand through that spiky red hair that he fell in love with and the soft voice Naruto had.

"What's wrong?" His voice fell deeper but softer, almost as if Naruto was this fragile egg that needed to be coddled at all times.

Naruto looked up at Shikamaru, placing his smaller tan hand on Shikamaru's cheek, he exhaled before he said the words that danced around his heart for two years.

"Shikamaru, I love you more than a friend. I want to have your children." Naruto whispered lowly and Shikamaru almost didn't hear him.

However he did, and he was so happy. Naruto looked down at his feet waiting for rejection but as soon as he looked back up, the quietness eating away at his heart, he ambushed by a kiss. Naruto's eyes widened when he felt Shikamaru kiss him.

It was better than anything he has ever dreamed.

It made his knee's go weak, and he grabbed onto Shikamaru for support and was rewarded with Shikamaru throwing an arm around his waist pulling the shorter male to him so he wouldn't fall.
Naruto pulled away and Shikamaru kissed his forehead.

"I love you too, I have since the day we met." Naruto smiled and grabbed the hand of Shikamaru.

"Come we have to get to school." Shikamaru smiled and kissed the top of that red hair.

"Or, we become civilians and you pop out children for me?" Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Absolutely not."

Naruto and Shikamaru met Sasuke downstairs and they grabbed a quick bite and left the house. Sasuke looked at the two and he smiled.

"Who said it first?" Sasuke asked and Shikamaru smirked.

"Naruto." Naruto smiled, and shrugged.

"The stubborn Nara acted like he didn't want too." Naruto shrugged and Shikamaru chuckled.

"Whatever."

The Trio made it to class with a minute to spare and they sat in their seats, the class was rowdy and excited. Shikamaru laid his head down and Naruto ran a hand through that raven hair, loving the way Shikamaru's features softened. Mia came over and kissed Sasuke's cheek, giving him a good luck kiss, before she headed back to her friends.

Sasuke sighed as he watched her. That smile and that laugh was everything for the now sixteen year old. He couldn't believe he was dating her for a year. Two more years and he'd have a wife.

"Silence, the Genin Exams start now." Iruka said and the kids stopped talking and test started getting handed back, Naruto shook Shikamaru who only blinked his eyes and had a test slam on the desk.

"What a drag." Naruto smiled at him and they begun the writing test. While the teens were taking a test, in the tower a war was forming.

All the clan heads, the civilian council, the wives of the heads were all present, also the Jounin Sensei to the future Genin. All yelling and demanding things from the Hokage, making Shikaku have a headache and Minato wanting to send a million Kunai's through hearts.

"Shut up." Minato said lowly and the room went quiet. He was upset, and it was because the talk was about his children, well his son, Shikamaru and Sasuke but he sees them as his children simply because of how close they are.

"They were trained by the people who could carry the Sannin title, mastered elite things, why wouldn't we want the power for the leaf?" A council member asked and Kushina Snapped.

"BECAUSE THEY ARE OUR FUCKING CHILDREN, NOT MINDLESS WEAPONS." She slammed her hand on the desk breaking it effectively.

"The Nara, Uchiha, and Uzukaze have an alliance not like any other clan and it's because of how close those children are. They've trained together for four years, they sleep at the others house everyday, I've seen my son twice this week, but I know he's in good hands when heading to Minato's or Shikaku's home." Fugaku answered and Kushina cut in.

"Allow them to develop their team techniques, it won't happen if you all force them to be chunin. They are smart, but they'll need pointers on missions. You can't just throw them in the lions den and pray for the best." Kushina said and Shikaku nodded.

"You all don't know what's best for our children, just the village, leave that to us please." Minato said and silence fell upon the room.

"You aren't making my precious Sasu-Chan, a weapon. Blasphemy." Kossori said appearing out of nowhere, Kurama and Matsu following behind.

"Your pupil has a wife." Matsu said annoyed and Kossori chuckled.

"Yes but he a fragile soul." Kurama hummed.

"Takes one to know one." Kossori stuck his tongue out and walked to Kakashi, taking his hand to his.

"Mission success, always, a week off?" Kurama said and Minato nodded.

"Spend it however you like, thank you." Kurama and Matsu sat on the couch and Kossori continued standing next to Kakashi.

"Why are you three still here?" Mebuki asked and the three rolled her eyes.

"We want to see our pupils pass Haruno." Kurama said, laying his head on the shoulder of Matsu.

The student, all sat in their seats waiting on the results. Shikamaru went back to sleep, and Naruto talked lowly to Sasuke, and Mia found her way over to Sasuke. Naruto ran a hand through that curly raven hair.

"How long have you and Shikamaru been dating?" Mia asked, holding the hand of Sasuke, Naruto chuckled and looked at Mia.

"Today actually, we've always been close, but me and Shikamaru are stubborn, and nobody made a move until this morning." Naruto said and Mia looked shocked.

"Yeah, poor Shikamaru. Loved Naruto since they were twelve." Sasuke said and Naruto rolled his eyes and Mia frowned.

"That is sad, to be single for four years because you didn't want to ruin a relationship." Mia said and Naruto chuckled.

"It's alright, we are together. Maybe even sneak in a date before heading to Shikamaru's." Sasuke nodded.

"You should, me and Mia are." Mia looked at Sasuke.

"We are?" Sasuke smiled.

"Yes I'm stealing you for a few hours." Mia chuckled and Iruka came back in.

"I have the result, everybody please be silent." Everybody went quiet as Iruka called out the names and the teams.

"Team Seven. Sensei Kakashi Hatake. Genin are Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzukaze and Shikamaru Nara.

Team Eight. Sensei Kurenai Yuhi. Genin are Hinata Hyuga, Shino Aburame, Kiba Inuzuka.

Team Ten: Sensei Asuma Sarutobi, Genin are Mia Yomura, Choji Akimichi, Ino Yamanaka."

"Our new Sensei is your sensei's boyfriend." Naruto said and Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Well he's a Sensei, there must be a reason they placed us with him." Sasuke brought Mia to him and Naruto hummed.

"Wake me up when he arrives." Sasuke scoffed.

"You'll be sleep for three hours." Naruto didn't mind he was a little sleepy, he drifted to sleep almost immediately.

Blame that on his Namikaze chakra, and his strong attachment to the Nara clan.