3.

A year drifted by and Naruto's relationship with Shikamaru was growing strong. They always hung out after school and Shikamaru had even taking a liking to Fuinjutsu. Naruto wasn't really feeling it, and told his father he didn't want too, his father understood, and told him to focus on something he wanted to do. So now he was sitting in the middle of the field, calming his chakra and opening up for nature chakra.

He wanted to become a sage.

Shikamaru on the other hand thought becoming a sage was so much work and focused on perfecting his strokes on paper. Left then right then narrow then wide, Shikamaru felt his body flow as he drafted the next line in the seal.

They were far from masters, yet far from beginners.

Shikamaru looked up from the seal that was incomplete, and he frowned. He tossed the paper on the wrong pile and started drawing another, the duo then heard cursing and lifted their heads to the second Uchiha heir, the Uchiha's had an alliance with every clan besides Inuzuka's, something about their rowdiness.

"Yo Uchiha you okay?" Shikamaru asked tossing the paper away, he wouldn't be able to pick up when he pulled the brush away from, and make the seal efficient.

"Hn." The boy said as he folded his arms, Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Sasuke, be a big boy and tell us what's wrong." Naruto said opening his eyes, feeling one with nature and was greeted with a butterfly on his red hair.

"Father is comparing me to Itachi again, he showed me the clans Jutsu but my fireball isn't big enough." Sasuke said sitting down running a hand through that onyx spiky hair.

"So did he tell you what you needed to work on or did he just Uchiha you?" Shikamaru asked placing his sealing things in his bag.

"He just fucking Uchiha me." Sasuke said with a growl and Naruto chuckled.

"Calm down, say you do the Jutsu and me and Shikamaru will tell you what's wrong." Naruto said and Sasuke stood up, he calmed his breathing and went through the handsigns and before he even went for the fire ball Shikamaru stopped him.

"Your chakra control is shit. You won't be able to throw a Jutsu without it. First fix that." Shikamaru laid on the grass, and looked at the sky, he trained, he helped and now it was time to cloud watch.

"How do I fix that?" Sasuke asked and Naruto walked over to the tree.

"You come to this tree, place enough chakra in your feet to walk up and down the tree, build up your stamina and your reserves." Naruto said and Sasuke scoffed.

"Can you climb the tree?" Naruto exhaled and walked up the tree, calming his chakra waking up and down and sitting on a branch.

"Even that lazy Nara can do it." Naruto exclaimed and Shikamaru gave a thumbs up before heading back to the sky.

"Try Sasuke, you'll be done by nightfall." Naruto said laying next to Shikamaru watching the clouds. Sasuke scoffed as he slid off the tree.

"What's so entertaining about cloud watching?" Naruto piped up, seeing as Shikamaru was seconds from sleeping.

"It calms the soul, finish climbing the tree and come see for yourself."

In the middle of the training ground 17, surrounded by trees, three teenage boys are becoming friends.

However in the Hokage tower, a war was forming.

"They're best friends. They both can't go to anybody's house because of this stupid fucking grudge, you all had no power in Hizuren reign, it was absolute, he didn't care about love, he only cared about the legacy of the village." Kushina said and Yoshino just stood there.