Lie #17: Homeschoolers Love School More than they Love Life

Hi, my name is Shalyn, and omg do I just love school! Everything about it, especially the learning, and the reading, and the writing, and omg the experiments we do in science are just so amazing! I think that I want to do school for the rest of my life, all day every day because I just love it so much! Well, I’m too excited right now because my mom told me I’ll be reading the next chapter in my history book, and it’s about the Abolitionists! Doesn’t that sound so exciting? I’m going to start that now so bye!

Am I getting a headache from all the people who have thought I love doing school. It’s ridiculous really. I mean seriously, who enjoys school?

Okay I get that some people honestly do, and I’ll admit, I do too, at times, although it’s not every day. I highly doubt that there’s anybody out there like little miss Shalyn up there.

If there is, then I owe you for proving me wrong and calling me out on my lie. But, I seriously very very highly doubt it. Sure someone may love science or even reading. I know that I’m obsessed with books, especially here on Wattpad, but school books, not so much to be honest. Don’t judge me, most of them are just… boring. Can I get an amen?

No… well okay then (rejected!)

Back to the point.

So you may love a certain subject. Okay, scratch that. You probably do, even if it’s art, I’ll count it. But I’ll bet you don’t love every single subject at all times to such a great extent as little miss Shalyn.

No one does. (except Shalyn)

Okay, I’m acting like I know everything here, which I don’t… at all. That would be pretty freaky yet so cool.

Stop it, Ashlyn. Get to the point.

There are people who actually enjoy school the majority of the time, and then there are those people who complain about it the majority of the time. Maybe homeschoolers enjoy school more than public schoolers or even private schoolers.

But in homeschooling, you’re practically all alone, and it does get boring.

At least in other schooling, there are other people your age that you can converse with.

So really, they both have their perks and crap, but not everyone wants to do it every single freaking day. School gets exhausting and boring, no matter where you do it.

Homeschoolers are not freaks, and many of us honestly don’t really like school.

Anyways, I have something extremely important to tell you, but you have to keep it hush hush. I may of told a teeny white lie in this chapter… don’t I always though? Whoops, sorry not sorry.

The truth is, I’m secretly Shalyn. Ashlyn – Shalyn… notice the similarity? It’s just my name rearranged. So really, I’m Shalyn and I just love school because it’s a beautiful thing.

Now that’s the point, happy?

.   <---- Nevermind, there’s the point.

In all honestly, school doesn’t really bother me that much. I’m just like, okay, school, whatever. I don’t hate it but I definitely don’t love it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if there is anything you’ve been wondering about homeschooling, please let me know before I wrap up this book. And I really just threw in that last part about me being Shalyn because I needed some way to end it, and I wanted to make you guys smile, laugh, whatever. I probably failed… oh well, you need to lighten up then. Seriously.

What’s your favorite subject? Mine is writing, because it allows me to express my thoughts I guess. But, I’m fine with all of them. Except history, gosh, I do not like history… too many facts to memorize. I’ve had all A’s the past few years, so I guess you could say I’m a little smart.

Oh, and there's a new "You Might be a Homeschooler if..." video out by Blimey Cow. It's their fifth one :O You should defnitely go watch it. They're hilarious! I have added it to the media area, so um yeah do it.

<3 Ashlyn

-  The Awkward homeschooler who doesn’t make sense half of the time

PS. I’m sorry I haven’t replied to comments for a while… I will over the weekend, promise.