Lie #8: Homeschoolers Dress in Old Fashioned, Pioneer Type Clothes

Dedicated to @BlondieWithAPen for being the first Wattpadian to wish me a happy  birthday.

Lie #8: Homeschoolers Dress in Old Fashioned, Pioneer Type Clothes

“MOM!! Have you seen my bonnet? I can’t find it anywhere!” – A Stereotypical Homeschooler….. or maybe not?

Have you ever seen the TV series “Little House on the Prairie?” Well, if not, it’s an older show about a fictional family living in Western America on the prairies. It’s basically all about their day-to-day life.

Anyways if you watch an episode, you’ll notice that their clothes are very different. The girls typically wore cotton dresses and sometimes even bonnets. The boys, on the other hand, wore hats, trousers, and sometimes even suspenders. Take a peek in the media area to see a picture of them.

So, you think that homeschoolers dress like that too? That we dress like we’re from the 19th century or like we live on a farm? I mean, why wouldn’t you think that? It seems to be what everyone else does.

Let me ask you something though. Now please be completely honest here. Have you ever, and I mean ever, seen a homeschooler (in person) dressed like that?

I have. But that’s because I go to this homeschool group with hundreds of other homeschoolers. And it was one of the parents who was dressed like that O_o Us kids have to wear good ol’ uniforms.

So maybe the kids do wear pioneer type clothes when they’re at home, I honestly wouldn’t doubt it. But NONE of my homeschooled friends dress like that, and I definitely don’t.

But I bet they're really comfy.

Now if you do dress like that, I don’t mean to be offensive because you do what you want; I won’t judge you. I’m just trying to clear up the water for all the public schoolers who think ALL homeschoolers dress in old fashioned, pioneer type clothes.

It’s a lie, okay?

This took me forever to write, and I have no idea why. Anyways vote cause it’s my bday tomorrow. The big 16. I love you all <3

Next Update: May 31st

<3 Ashlyn