Chapter 41

The Doctor protested, but the strangely familiar voice interrupted, "Don't look at me! Go to wherever you're going. Celeste will meet you there. I suggest New New York. Great time of the year." Before I could do anything, the person dragged me into my TARDIS and back to the Doctor's.

Instead, it was Bow Tie's. "Are you insane?" I demanded, "Do you know how dangerous that was?"

He smiled smugly. "I know how romantic that was," the Doctor said. I hit his arm. "You're an idiot."

The Doctor held it like I stabbed his hearts. "Oooo," he trailed, "That hurt. That hurt right here. Geronimo." He said that last part so seriously I looked at him weirdly. "Why'd you say that?"

"Say what?"

"Geronimo," I reminded.

"Good, remember that," the Doctor instructed, "Now say Geronimo."

"Why?"

He hesitated, "Because it's fantastic! Now allons-y!" I arched an eyebrow. The Doctor horribly tried to mimic his past selves, but he pulled me along into the TARDIS so I couldn't think why.

The room was completely blank, only a weird looking device in the center. I approached the Doctor, fiddling with the machine. "Why are you acting weird?"

"I'm always weird," he countered.

"Why are you acting strange?"

"Define strange."

"Abnormal."

"There's nothing fun about normal."

"Ok, then," I tried again, "Why are you acting mad?"

He smiled smugly. "I'm a mad man with a box."

"You're hiding something," I accused.

"The Doctor retorted, "I'm hiding lots of things. You need to be more specific." He switched the machine on and sound started, the walls bursting with color to match. Electric Avenue began playing and the Doctor danced awkwardly towards me.

Blue splashed over the walls. I pouted, "Why does your TARDIS have this? I want it!" The Doctor just smiled and held my hands, swaying a bit out of rhythm. Ignoring the suspecting feeling, I just smiled and swayed with him.

The room conjured some couches so the Doctor and I were sprawled on one. He laid his head on my lap so I played with his shaggy hair, running over the wave part as Sky Full of Stars played. "Stop it," the Doctor whined, "You're ruining it." In response, I just shook it out.

Sitting up, he glared viciously and tried to fix it. I pecked his cheek and leaned against him, watching the dark blue rise on the walls. The Doctor kissed my forehead and mumbled into my hair, "'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars. I'm gonna give you my heart. 'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars. 'Cause you light up the path."

I froze. The Doctor, smiling stupidly before he realized what he said, had a look of absolute shock and worry. I just forced a smile and pretend it didn't happen. He sighed in relief.

Soon enough, we were dancing crazily to We Built This City. "We built this city! We built this city on rock 'n roll!" The Doctor's dancing was atrocious so I couldn't help but bend over laughing and covering my mouth slightly.

A few songs later, we were doing mean air guitar solos to Life Is A Highway. I sang the chorus loudly and jumped on the couch. It reminded me of our lives. Always moving, never boring. The song ended and I moaned, "Can we keep it on?"

"No can do," The Doctor apologized, "Sorry, but it'll only get better, right?"

The song after that was Love Is Strange. I stood awkwardly, knowing the Doctor doesn't repeat nor skip. It was weird until the Doctor went on the floor, mouthing along with the music. "Oh, Sylvia?"

I smiled and walked away seductively. "Yes, Mickey?"

"How do you call your loverboy?"

"Come here, loverboy!" I smirked even more seductively.

"And if he doesn't answer?"

"Oh, loverboy?" I pouted.

The Doctor banged the ground like in Dirty Dancing. "And if he still doesn't answer."

"I simply say," I knelt down besides him, pressing our bodies together. "Oh, baby, my sweet baby. Oh baby, you're the one." The Doctor looked nervous and his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes. I scoffed slightly, "Stop looking at my lips."

He ignored me and leaned in. Our lips crashed together. Instead of the small of my back, the Doctor had his hand on the back of my neck.

The rising elatedness made me breathless and forget everything. I forgot that Martha and Converse were waiting for me, or probably already with me. I forgot that the Doctor sent me into normal life for a month. I forgot that dream that repeats.

He ran his tongue over my lip and I opened my mouth allowing him to explore. This wasn't new territory for me, but the Doctor knew what he was doing and I didn't know anything.

I raked my fingers through his hair making him moan against my lips. Quickly, he leaned back, only to move to my neck. The Doctor instantly found my sweet spot and starting kissing the little spot on the side of my neck. I grew impatient, wanting to feel his lips on mine once more, but he seemed to guess this and went slower. I whimpered at the shivers going down my back.

The whimper made him pause and place his lips back on mine urgently. We fell onto the couch, him on top. Both of his hands were on my hips and they were tracing little circles.

When the kiss ended, I didn't move. Neither did the Doctor. We both stayed where we were, breathing heavily. His face was bright red and I'm sure I don't look much different. "So, that-that," he stuttered.

"I'll go if you want," I offered.

"No!" The Doctor tried to play it off nonchalantly, "I mean, I might have to get you to New New York."

"Fantastic."

"Remember that," he stated seriously, "Fantastic, Allons-y, and Geronimo."

"What?" I joked, "Will I be quizzed later?" The Doctor looked at me pleadingly. "Fine, Fantastic, Allons-y, and Geronimo."

We both realized that we were still on the couch and we awkwardly scrambled off. The counsel room was silent which made me suspicious. "Where're the Ponds?" I asked.

"I dropped them off at their house," he shrugged, "It's a thing. I pick them up to go on adventures."

"That's cool." Soon, the TARDIS was airborne, if you want to say that even though technically it disappears here and reappears there. I bit the inside of my lip while the Doctor avoided eye contact. I blurted out, "Why are you acting weird?"

He smirked a bit. "I just remembered how this next trip turns out." I stayed silent and walked out when it landed, not intimating any sort of good bye.