Chapter 31

"Seriously, why is it only with you?!"

"How was I to know that the restaurant was a weeding ground?"

I huffed and blew a stray strand of hair out of my face in annoyance. "I don't know. You couldn't check?" We were crouching in the kitchen, trying to hide from the rabbits.

Ok, that sentence wasn't descriptive enough to explain why we're hiding from rabbits. The Doctor wanted food so he took me to a diner that had nothing but good reviews.

Good reviews from those they let live. The rabbits, disguised as staff, weeded through the nonathletic people to find the ones that actually enjoyed sports. These rabbits(a term I use loosely) come from a distance planet and their ship crashed so they resorted to the only operation they know; man labour. What they didn't count for was two continuously running Timelords stumbling into their restaurant. The rabbits disposed of the crowd and started hunting us down. Hence, the crouching.

They looked similar enough to be called rabbits, except for their height, teeth, eyes, and paws. Instead of a cute cuddly small rabbit, it's a ferocious large ugly rabbit. With pointy teeth.

Must'nt forget the teeth. They were as sharp as a knife, like the claws on their paws, dripping in gooey green saliva in a mouth outlined in its last meal. Their fur was white, but matted hard. The eyes are the most mysterious. There's a legend that no one lived long enough to know the true eye color since on the hunt, its eyes are a mess of color, but right before it kills you, supposedly, the eyes turn the true color.

And I didn't particularly wanted to find out the color. No matter how much people stressed that the eyes were windows into the soul because I don't particularly think it's worth it.

"Ok, an alien rabbit weeding ground?" the Doctor whispered cheekily, "I'll admit, that's new."

I whispered back sarcastically, "I'm surprised that it is. Now, shush!" We could hear the thumping outside the door and suddenly, it stopped. I held my breath as the door squeaked open. The Doctor and I were hiding behind a wall of trays.

The rabbit was hopping around, looking for us when I noticed his nose scrunching up. The Doctor opened his mouth slightly, about to sneeze, but before his sneeze gave us away, the Doctor threw his arms about, knocking down the trays hiding us. I glared at him viciously when he still sneezed.

The rabbit immediately sprung up on us, its nose twitching. The Doctor chuckled nervously. "Might we hear the specials of this fine establishment?" I just shook my head and stood up. The rabbit took us to the other ones, not saying a thing. My eyes widened when I noticed the Doctor's TARDIS. Amy and Rory were still in there. He must of been thinking the same thing because, with no warning, he ran off, dragging me by the hand, into the TARDIS. 

The door closed behind us and I sighed in relief, "That should hold them off for a bit."

"Not forever," the Doctor added. He started rushing around the counsel, hitting buttons and flipping levers until a little box covering in blinky lights appeared from a slot. "What's that?" I asked, hating that I didn't know what it was.

The Doctor smiled smugly. "I'm going to savor this." He paused for a good minute, just smiling knowingly, leaving me in the dark for his own amusement. Finally, the Doctor continued, "This is transport. I attach it to the ship and poof! It's back in space." He suddenly turned, holding his finger up. "Problem. I'll have only a few seconds to get back into the TARDIS because when the ship goes, the restaurant goes and I'll most likely fall."

"Well, I hope I'm fast," I cut in.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Forget that. Don't follow me. Don't leave this TARDIS until I'm back and don't help-" Interrupting his list of demands, I grabbed him by the lapels of his tweed jacket and pressed my lips to his. The Doctor placed his hand on the small of my back and deepened the kiss. I pulled away and his eyes were still awkwardly closed. I smiled at that when he blushed and opened his eyes. "What-what was that for?" The Doctor stuttered, "Because you're still not-"

"God, I did it for luck, ok?"

"Oh, well-that's-that is definitely-" I smirked at his ramblings and pushed him near the door. "Right. Right! Uh, I'll be right- I'll be back. Hopefully."

"Hopefully," I agreed. The Doctor, about to open the door, turned back and winked. I blushed and he smiled triumphantly at my reaction. My glare made him fling the door open and face the bloodthirsty space rabbits.

__________________________________________________________________

Sorry this is short but I wanted to update before the week started and I still kinda have homework