Chapter 21

The Sycorax(finally my brain started to function!) cracked his whip. The Doctor caught the end and yanked it out of his hand. He scolded, "You could have someone's eye out with that."

"Shame on you." I wagged my finger like I was doing it to a little kid. I also did that whole 'wiping the shame off my finger unto you' motion.

"How dare!" Another Sycorax charged with a club. I snatched it out of his hand and broke it over my knee, throwing the parts to the ground.

"You just can't get the staff," I sighed, "Now, you, just wait. We're busy."

The Doctor approached the little group of people. "Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones MP for Flydale North. Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life." He approached Rose. "Tea! That's all I needed, a good cup of tea! Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin."

I added, "Just the thing for healing the synapses."

"Now, first thing's first," he directed towards us, "Be honest, how do I look?"

"Er, different." Rose was obviously lost.

"Good different or bad different?"

"Positively good different," I answered. The Doctor smiled before asking gravely, "Am I ginger?" I looked at his hair seriously.

"No, you're just sort of brown," I answered sadly, "Sorry. Only ginger I know remains Amelia Pond."

"Amelia Pond?" My eyes widened and I pretended to zip my lips. He just continued whining, "I wanted to be ginger. I've never been ginger." His mood changed, pointing an accusing finger at Rose. "And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on me. Celeste at least talked to me. Oh, that's rude. That's the sort of man I am now, am I? Rude."

I shook my head, disappointedly. "Rude and not ginger."

Harriet Jones apologized, "I'm sorry. Who is this?"

"I'm the Doctor," the Doctor introduced tiredly, "She's Celeste."

Rose breathed out, "He's the Doctor."

"But what happened to my Doctor?" She asked, "Or is it a title that's just passed on?"

"I'm him. I'm literally him," he explained, "Same man, new face. Well, new everything."

"But you can't be."

The Doctor looked down at the prime minister. "Harriet Jones, we were trapped in Downing Street and the one thing that scared you wasn't the aliens, it wasn't the war, it was the thought of your mother being on her own."

Harriet was shocked. "Oh, my God."

"Did you win the election?" He smiled.

"Landslide majority," Harriet answered proudly. Oh, good to know I voted for her somewhere.

The main Sycorax growled, "If I might interrupt."

"Yes, sorry. Hello, big fellow." The Doctor's attention turned back to the ugly creatures.

"Who exactly are you?"

He breathed in swiftly. "Well, that's the question."

"I demand to know who you are!" The Sycorax roared.

"I don't know!" The Doctor imitated them. I giggled. He returned to his normal voice. "See, there's the thing. I'm the Doctor, but beyond that, I just don't know. I literally do not know who I am. It's all untested. Am I funny? Am I sarcastic? Sexy?" He clicked his tongue and winked at me, making me blush in response.

The Doctor walked around the Sycoraxs, talking, "Right old misery? Life and soul? Right handed? Left handed? A gambler? A fighter? A coward? A traitor? A liar? A nervous wreck? I mean, judging by the evidence, I've certainly got a gob." His eyes caught the red button and met mine, nodding his head toward it.