18 Hidden things

Maddie let David enter the house first and shoved him through the door. She showed him to the living room. ‘Sit’ Gavin ordered. ‘Spill, you’re safe in here.’ Gavin looked the boy over.

‘May I?’ He stood with a device seemingly scanning the room for bugs.

          ‘Ok just making sure, can’t be too careful.’ ‘David, how do you know about us?’

‘My father wasn’t from around here I found out when I was little about just how different from the other kids I was. My mom, she was human but was killed a few years ago protecting me. I have gifts just like you and your friends. My main gift is effecting some people who have hidden gifts, as in they didn’t know they were special.’

            ‘A man knew this information before I figured it out and I’ve been running for a few years from him. One time he captured me, he wanted to know what his gift was; only he doesn’t have any.’

            ‘What was his name?’ Gavin thought he already knew. ‘Yes you know him Gavin he was the same man who captured you, though I wasn’t told his name.’ ‘How do you know?’ ‘I can show you if you let me?’ Gavin nodded.

            Reaching over he grabbed Gavin’s wrist and turned it over and felt for his pulse. He felt the rhythm and started to remember that day.

            David woke up in a straight jacket and looked around there were other people in the similar fashion in cells beside him; someone was coming to get him.

‘Come on kid!’ The man held a electrified stick and jabbed him. He fought against a scream; he didn’t want the man to have the pleasure. Shoved up stairs and to an office she fell onto the floor and hit his head on the concrete wall, he backed out.

            Water was being poured over him.

‘Wake up boy!’ I know what you do, now tell me what I can do.’

The man stood over him and touched his skin waiting for something magical to happen. Unfortunately nothing did.

‘Nooooo! Why isn’t this working?’

David shook his head and wished he was still out cold. The man pushed him down the stairs and he was alone, no guard.

            He rolled against the stairs and stood, he ran until he saw his exit. David let go of Gavin’s wrist and they both gasped. Maddie sat waiting patiently, jealous she didn’t get to see. ‘No Maddie it would hurt you’ David whispered he looked protective and she didn’t know why.

'Thats the same man.'

            ‘In the future Maddie you and I will save the remaining people of Earth with Emilee’s help.’

Gavin frowned. ‘What did you say?’

‘It’s a future vision, I’m not sure where you and Jonathon will be but you won’t be with us. And the Earth is going to be in very bad shape.’

‘Show me that.’ Maddie whispered.