The Captain 15

Maddie silently cried in her brothers arms as they rode up to the shipyards. The very dry desert planet had been her home her whole life, now they had to leave. She had lived with her mom, now she was gone forever. She was a happy little doctors daughter who loved her brother and secretly had a crush on his best friend. They had special talents she couldnt understand but she was starting to appreciate. 

They were coming up on the gates and had to stop. Dust was flying everywhere with ships leaving and landing on her home, well where would her home be now?

'Gavin?' He looked down at her 'where are we headed now?'

'We have a course dont worry Maddie.'

Jonathon hopped out and went up to a ship and talked to the captain. 'he leaves in five perfect timing.' he said kind of wincing.

'Sure thanks.' Gavin lifted thier bags and led Maddie on ship.

'You look just like her.' the man said and she starred at him.

Gavin shook his head at the man, 'sorry' he said. 'All aboard?' Jon nodded and he closed all the doors.

'You expecting anyone else?'

'No why?'

'We have intruders, hang on this is going to be bumpy.' Lifting off the ground a man chased after the ship shooting at them.

'Can he hurt us?' Maddie asked.

'Captain please land your ship, your ship is to be inspected by the port athority.'

'No can do' he said back and they lifted into space.

Maddie sat on the stairs alone in shock of what was happening. Jonathon sat down next to her and Gavin brought her the bag he'd packed for her.

'Are you cold?' Jon asked her since she shivered. She nodded and looked at the floor. Gavin pulled out the wrap he'd seen her wear before. Jon put it around her shoulders and she leaned against him and closed her eyes.

Maddie suddenly realized her crush was sitting next to her talking to her and there was a wrap around her, she probably looked stupid sitting theere not answering him. But Jonathan could talk just to hear himself. 'Water please' she said quietly. And Gavin jumped to get it for her.

Jonathon had been in space before he was caught and fined for it, but it wasnt so scary for him. Besides he was seventeen he told himself, now adorable Maddie was fifteen and shaking from everything, she was really cute but it would be weird if he liked her more than as a sister. Jon needed to find out where they were going so he could set everything up for them, and keep an eye on that captain.

Gavin had never been to space but he wasnt too concerned for it becasue of Maddie he wasn't paying attention to it or his fear. Realizing Maddie liked to lay on her bed when she was upset he got up to go to talk to the captain.

'How long with the trip be, we need a place to sleep, or someplace for Maddie.'

'Your mother prepared everything, I didnt think it would be so soon though. Here is everything you need to know, and go dow that hallway and you have the bunk room and wash room. My room is right here on the couch if you need me ok?'

'Thank you captain.' 'No problem Gavin.'

'Come on maddie lets go to our room.' He took her hand and pulled her up. He handed Jonnie the pack  he'd gotten from the captain. The bunk room opened with voice activation from Gavin only, he wondered how mom did that. Some of Maddie and Gavin's stuff was inside, familiar things comforted them. Their moms things was on the other side of the room and Maddie ran to them and lay on the bed smelling everything and taking it all in.

Maddie began to cry again everything smelled like mom, there was a picture on the table, her suit case on the side of the room. Gavin gave her some space for a bit and sorted his own stuff out. Jonathon took the empty bed and lay down looking through all the stuff in the pack. 'Guys ill figure it all out don't worry just get some sleep.'

Maddie nodded and lay there, but couldnt sleep. 'Gavin' she whispered. Hes eyes opened and he walked over to her yawning. 'Im scared.' He lay down and hugged her till she fell asleep. Gavin watched her and Jonathon all night until he finally fell asleep for a few hours.

'Attention crew rise and shine' the captain came over the speaker. Jonathon jumped up and stretched.

'We have to gas up and get supplied here guys. If you want anything let me know ill grab it for you, I have to get another set of clothes.' Maddie asked for chocolate and Gavin a coat. 'Got it guys be back soon.'

Maddie snuggled with the side of her big brother as he went over the papers. We were going to be in space for a few months, headed to Earth. Sirens went off and he told Maddie to stay there, no one could get into the room without him.

Running to the front there was some people trying to get inside. The captain and Jonnie ran inside and shut the door quick. 'This isn't going to be easy.' Jon said quickly. The captain took off and went around to the back of the space port.

'Now here are the controls just like a scooter just bigger ok? If you need to take off hit this and then auto, Earth is already punched into the terminal.' Gavin nodded.

The captain and Jonathon ran out and disappeared in the darkness. Gavin watched for them to come back and saw someone else snooping around the ship, it might have been one of the man from the cruiser. He closed all the shield plates and waited for something to happen. There was some shooting and Jon came inside. 'Lift off!' He yelled and Gavin hit the buttons to make it happen.

'What happened?'

'We got the gas and we split'

'Whats in the bags?'

'I didnt want to leave empty handed.' he grinned.

'The captain?'

'Went down, he yelled for me to go.'

'Ok.'

'Here we come Earth, I hope they are ready for us.' Jonathon said starring into space.