Save Billy 4

Three weeks later Gavin sat hacking into the cities computer, he accessed his buildings computer system and connected to his cameras, they were still in place. And the gas hadn’t gone off, what were they waiting for?

            Lesley handed him a cup of coffee, ‘anything?’

‘Not yet, Billy hasn’t reported yet has he?’

‘No.’

‘Well that’s the next thing on the list; he should have said something by now.’

‘Maybe we should go back?’

‘No that’s what they are waiting for. They want me alive now.’

‘So the plan is that we have to leave Billy to save him, poor kid’ Lesley said.

            A kid with a ball came over to them, after standing there a minute he said, ‘what are you doing mister?’

‘Surfing the web.’

‘Are you the famous guy that’s on my TV at home?’

‘Nope I just look like him is all.’

‘Oh, well can you sign my ball anyway?’ Gavin signed the ball and handed it back to him. Then he saw the cord was pulled from the computer.

            ‘Crap, here kid, see ya.’

‘I can’t cover my trail on here now, let’s go.’

He pulled her towards the door. A black car pulled up in front of the door.

‘Kitchen!’ Gavin yelled, they changed direction and walked out the back door.

A dump truck was leaving, it held an empty dumpster.

‘Lady’s first,’ he lifted her inside, it stank but they got away.

            A few miles down the road the truck slowed and they jumped out.

‘We good?’Gavin asked her after they’d been walking a few minutes. She nodded, his phone rang and no one had that number. He answered and it was Billy.

            ‘Gavin you have to turn off the gas or they are going to make we go in.’

‘Billy where are you?’

A man took the phone away from Billy, ‘turn off the gas or he goes inside.’

‘What do you want from me?’

‘We want you Gavin.’

‘You can’t have me, give me some time to get over there.'

'Four hours.’ The man hung up.

            ‘Your friend is very demanding it seems he doesn’t care about you.’

‘Figures, he’s like that.’ Billy groaned.

            ‘Lesley I have to take you somewhere safe.’

‘But I can help you.’

‘Yes your can, but this battle is too dangerous for you. If I have to use my eyes to protect myself I don’t want you to be anywhere around when that happens.’

She tried to protest again but he picked her up and put her in a passing car, he strapped her in and told the driver, ‘Take care of her.

            The guards stood beside Billy, making sure he didn’t try anything.

'Can I get my one phone call?’ They ignored me.

The guard’s ear buzzed, ‘status?’

‘Watching the prisoner.’

‘He hasn’t moved?’

‘No’

‘Hi, hello, can I talk to him?’ Billy yelled at the guard.

‘If he wants to talk to me then bring him.’

            Billy walked rather willingly with the guards, the walls around him were covered in stains from the prisoners that had come before him, different colors covered and ran down the walls. Billy gulped; maybe he didn’t want to talk now. The hall got darker, he stepped in something he couldn’t identify, he didn’t want to.

            Sitting in his chair again, he decided not to open his mouth again even if he could; it would be too painful to talk. Everything was swollen shut his arm was broken; he had felt the bone crack and grind against the other half trying to slide. He never wanted to see that room or man again. Sitting there was the best place to be. The safest, he wasn’t able to move. It was good he was numb and couldn’t feel his arm.

            ‘Were you talking to me?’ Lesley Almire demanded.

‘Look im sup post to protect you, which includes me not telling you that. Gavin said I couldn’t tell you, if you have a problem im allowed to trank you.’

She sat there a second, ‘No your not.’

He didn’t reply to that.

 They drove for about an hour before they switched cars, then arrived at there destination 30 min later.

‘Where  are we?’

No answer, ‘apparently in the middle of no where if there isn’t any road signs!’ She yelled.

‘Be glad you don’t know your location Lesley.’

‘Why?’

She looked over at him, and he just shook his head.